Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Have: 1988 560sel Had: 1991 560sel
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY found a w126 worth getting rid of mine for. 99% of the reason I got a new one is because of alllllllll the rust on the previous one. N1NOBRWN version will me missed dearly!!! That car took me everywhere and the new owner drove it no problems back to Pennsylvania.

Here's my thread

I had actually went and saw this car last week to check it out and planned to pick it up today. I put my other car on facebook and I accepted an offer within 15 hours. At this point everything is going well. I do have some concerns about what sounds like valve ticking and HOPE it's not the guides. I actually hope it's neither and it's just because it's cold as hell!!! I have to dig a little deeper into that.

The other problem is that the engine temp gauge is broken. It's shoots up immediately to about 45 and just stays there no matter what. I'm HOPING it's the thermostat or sender because the heat doesn't get hot it gets warm and takes about 30 minutes to do so. Again gotta look into a little more.

ANYWAY!!!!! CHECK-HIM-OUT !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
Too many to list
10,993 Posts
Now this one with the split rear seat is definitely worth fixing up . Glad you got rid of that old rusty one , this body looks very clean

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Now this one with the split rear seat is definitely worth fixing up . Glad you got rid of that old rusty one , this body looks very clean

Yea I'm really sad to see it go! That color combo was dreamy! However like you said that body was a PROBLEM!!!! This one looks brand new almost. Need it to warm up just a little so can spray down the underside, let it dry, then fluid film everything.

·
Super Moderator
1986/1990 W126
18,223 Posts
That interior is awesome!

·
Registered
1991 350SDL
1,169 Posts
I wasn't aware you could even order that in the USA! Nice!

·
Registered
Too many to list
10,993 Posts
Very rare and very expensive option I think it was about a $7000 option . It gave you sec style seats in front instead of the sel style, and the unique 4 place reclining rear seats

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies! The rear seats are SICKKKKKKK!!!!! Once I saw them I had zero regret about replacing my other one. My issue now is that I have to find out how to take these particular seats out in order to get to the shocks. Anyone have a diagram for these particular seats?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably just lift up on them and pull them out being mindful of any plugs.

See I gotta know where the bolts are at. I struggle with the "being mindful" part. When something doesn't come out easy, I pull HARDER!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1991 560 SEC Black on Grey
1,938 Posts
I could be wrong but I know that on the coupes you don't need any tools for the lower section for sure and I think you just push up and pull out on the upper section. I'm sure you can use the search tool and find plenty of info.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I could be wrong but I know that on the coupes you don't need any tools for the lower section for sure and I think you just push up and pull out on the upper section. I'm sure you can use the search tool and find plenty of info.

I did read that about the SEC seats but haven't been able to confirm if these are the same do to the fact I can't find the information, unfortunately. I'm going to pull up on it a little bit it tomorrow and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
1991 560 SEC Black on Grey
1,938 Posts
Well if you can't see any bolts they have to attach somehow and if they look just like the ones out of a coupe I doubt MB went to a whole lot of expense to make yours special.

·
Registered
Too many to list
10,993 Posts
No! These are reclining rear seat backs and are attached to metal frame , you can’t just lift and pull them out . Hopefully someone with the manuals can post the diagram to remove

·
Super Moderator
1986/1990 W126
18,223 Posts
Somehow I can't think where the bolts are even though I fitted this interior into my car. Lol.

They'll just be down low on the front bottom edge somewhere. You'll have to flip the hinged trim out of the way, it's spring loaded that's all.

Thanks for the replies! The rear seats are SICKKKKKKK!!!!! Once I saw them I had zero regret about replacing my other one. My issue now is that I have to find out how to take these particular seats out in order to get to the shocks. Anyone have a diagram for these particular seats?

·
Super Moderator
1986/1990 W126
18,223 Posts
It's not just clips like the SEC ones I don't think.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet and thank you! Is there a bolt on the top part?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok so I'm struggling with some information on.

Door striker:

I have to slam the drivers doors shut and was simply looking to replace the rubber. I can't find that anywhere though. So I was going to order the cheaper URO parts but haven't been able to find out anyone who's used them only speculation that they're not that good. Would it be easier and better to get a used driver side REAR striker?

SLS line hose block off/recirculate:

On my last 560 I removed the hydraulic pump, cut the line off behind the water pump and just let it sit in a safe space. This time I would like to recirculate/block off the lines at the back. The problem is I can find NO information on how/what bolt is used to actually make that happen. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts