Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

can anybody point me in the right direction for spare parts for the panoramic sunroof?

my father (mechanic) is fixing the pano roof on my family's people mover. apparently the motor, glass etc are okay but the mechanism which connects the motor to the glass is broken. Mercedes Australia (where i live) sells only complete sunroof kits including motor etc but it costs something ridiculous like $8000.

my father is of the opinion that there are sometimes sunroof rebuild kits. is there such a thing available for the pano roof on the R500?

if not, can anybody point me in the direction of a business who may ship mercedes spares to Australia? i doubt any of the Merc dealerships in the U.S.A. would do it but maybe a private business selling Merc spares would.

any info on spare parts for the pano roof is much appreciated.

thank you,
louie

·
Registered
2008 R320 CDI, 2006 smart fortwo cabrio, 1983 240D, 1982 300SD, 1980 300SD, 1978 280SE EURO
261 Posts
Up here there is one part shown, entire assembly from Mercedes. You need a wrecker willing to pull the assembly and ship off parts needed. Try car-part.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts