Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Could somebody briefly explain what happens (on a US car) when you press panic button on the fob key.

With EU coding i get one beep and all four indicator lamps are flashing. Is that all ?:confused:

Cheers, Frank

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
asianml said:
The alarm goes off (horn honks, lights flash, etc.).
Could you be a bit more precise, which lights flash and what is etc. ?
(the EU version seems to be totally different)

Another question: Do you get with US coding a confirmation by the siren when you open/close the car ?

Cheers, Frank

·
Registered
S-500 2003. BMW 750Li 2006
141 Posts
Another question: Do you get with US coding a confirmation by the siren when you open/close the car ?

No. I wish we did, I have my mirrors on folding when locked. So I look for the mirrors folding in or the blinker lights on side mirrors. They flash when locking/unlocking. It would be nice just to hear a siren instead of looking for flashing lights from the mothership ! ( non movie buffs my homage to E.T.)

If anyone knows of a way to turn the siren on, please advise.

Thanks

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
sarv said:

No. I wish we did, I have my mirrors on folding when locked. So I look for the mirrors folding in or the blinker lights on side mirrors. They flash when locking/unlocking. It would be nice just to hear a siren instead of looking for flashing lights from the mothership ! ( non movie buffs my homage to E.T.)

Thanks
There is a way this can be done through STAR Diag. I think you have to tell the car that it's in another region in order for this option to be active. But it is certainly possible. I like mine quiet. It's irritating sometimes when you want to get somewhere and walk away quietly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I like mine quiet. It's irritating sometimes when you want to get somewhere and walk away quietly.

Hahaha, love that line. Yes that would be dangerous if one was having a affair and sneaking away quietly LOL

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sarv said:
Thats easy. Change coding in SAM left to Netherlands. But it affects other signalling eg. Alarm as well.

Cheers Frank

·
Registered
141 Posts
Frank_S500 said:
Thats easy. Change coding in SAM left to Netherlands. But it affects other signalling eg. Alarm as well.

Cheers Frank
I have no idea what you mean. Could you be more specific? thanks

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
sarv said:
I have no idea what you mean. Could you be more specific? thanks
The dealer can change the coding in the SAM to Netherlands which allows the car to sort of chirp or beep for lock confirmation. But on other models I've read this gets rid of the Panic feature.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Frank_S500 said:
Could you be a bit more precise, which lights flash and what is etc. ?
(the EU version seems to be totally different)

Cheers, Frank
I couldn't tell you about the S-Class. I've never seen it go off on one.

I know on the ML though that the turn signals flash and the horn honks. The etc. is because I wasn't sure what else happens for the S-Class.

·
Registered
MB 2004 C320 4Matic Wagon
2 Posts
I bought a used 2004 C320 wagon. By the VIN, there is no options when purchased.

When I press the panic button, the 4 lamp flashes without horn honk.

Can some one confirm that there is no honk? if not, anyway to fix that?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
24,962 Posts
My guess is that the alarm siren is either broken or disconnected. First, check fuse #8 on the rear SAM (fuse panel in the cargo area). If it;s blown, then that's the problem, but it usually blows because the ATA siren goes bad. The siren is located under the fender shroud, behind the front passenger-side wheel.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
24,962 Posts
I'd suspect the siren is dead. It has a rechargeable battery that eventually dies and can leak and kill it, or it can just die from "exposure". Even though it's behind the fender shroud, it still gets wet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.