Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My E-320’s panoramic roof is rattling when opened. Whenever I slid the main tent back to get some light inside the car, I hear this squeaking noise. First, I thought it was coming from the back seat but when tilt the roof open halfway, the noise ceased. Is anybody experiencing the same or similar problem? Any possible solution?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Don't know if this will help but there is a known wind noise problem when the sunroof is all the way open. It goes away when the sunroof is half closed which sounds somewhat like your symptoms. I believe it has to do with the roof rack on the wagons so maybe not with sedans. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know if this will help but there is a known wind noise problem when the sunroof is all the way open. It goes away when the sunroof is half closed which sounds somewhat like your symptoms. I believe it has to do with the roof rack on the wagons so maybe not with sedans. Good luck.
I usually only opens the roof shades since it's cold here... The tilting the roof slightly stops the noise but I can't be driving around in the winter like that... Right now, I have two options; either I close the shade or open and tilt the roof in order to enjoy the roof.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Not to nit pick, but I didn't think the pano roofs were available on the W210. Are you sure you don't have a W211 (2003+)? In any event, I hope you solve your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts