Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is gathering next weekend in Ocala. A number of guys from the Land Rover Club is putting together the event. They have a rally and camp-out every few months at different locations around the state. It's alot of fun with great people...
You can find more information about it at:
http://www.floridalandroverclub.com

It would be great to see other G-Wagons there too...

Directions-
The campground is located off of River Forest Blvd in River Forest, Florida.

From Ocala
Take SR40 east approximately 36 miles to SR19.
Turn right onto SR19. Go south approximately 15 miles to SR42. Turn left onto SR42. Go east approximately 18.5 miles to River Forest Blvd. Look for the signs. Turn left onto River Forest Blvd. Take the road until it turns to dirt. Campground is on the right.

From I75 South of Ocala
Take I75 north.
Exit onto CR484. Go east 1/2 mile to the first light.
Turn right onto CR475A. Go south for approximately 3 miles to 475. Turn right onto CR475. Go south 1.5 miles to 42. Turn left on to CR42. Go east approximately 48 miles to River Forest Blvd. Turn left onto River Forest Blvd. Take the road until it turns to dirt. Campground is on the right.

From Orlando
Go north/east on I4 approximately 21 miles to Deland.
Exit on 472. Go west/north to US17/US92.
Turn right onto US17/US92 towards Deland. Go north approximately 5 miles to CR44. Turn left onto CR44. Go west 5 miles to CR42. Bear right on CR42. Go west .5 miles to River Forest Blvd. Turn right onto River Forest Blvd. Take the road until it turns to dirt. Campground is on the right.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Hey bud .. I'm part of the Florida Land Rover Club. I didnt know you posted here as well. When are you going out there ?? I'm going to try and be there for the whole event with my friend in his 03 Range Rover. Looking forward to wheeling with ya bud!

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was at the Fall event. It was a blast! You can see some of the pictures on the website. This time I'm going to camp-out and maybe do one of the "night runs".
I'll definately be there for Saturday and Sunday. Maybe Friday too if I can get there early enough.

Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
cfowler - 2/9/2005 12:04 AM

I was at the Fall event. It was a blast! You can see some of the pictures on the website. This time I'm going to camp-out and maybe do one of the "night runs".
I'll definately be there for Saturday and Sunday. Maybe Friday too if I can get there early enough.

Chuck
Awesome ... well I guess I'll see you out there. I'll look for you at the campgrounds. Oh and if you are passing by the Orlando area to get to Ocala maybe you, my friend and I can caravan up there. Feel free to call me at (727)-641-7722.

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is anyone else planning to go this weekend?

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Hey Chuck, a few of my friends with Rovers are heading up to the other park on SR50 on Sat. I was just wondering if you wanted to come by. We'll be there all day Sat and would deff enjoy seing what a G can do. Let me know bud ... either way I think I'm going to stop by Fri night or Sun in Ocala to do somemore wheeling. Feel free to gimme a ring.

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MLOffRoad - 2/15/2005 10:27 PM

Hey Chuck, a few of my friends with Rovers are heading up to the other park on SR50 on Sat. I was just wondering if you wanted to come by. We'll be there all day Sat and would deff enjoy seing what a G can do. Let me know bud ... either way I think I'm going to stop by Fri night or Sun in Ocala to do somemore wheeling. Feel free to gimme a ring.
I will be there Friday night and Saturday. I don't think that my girlfriend will make it until Sunday. After dropping her off at home, I would consider going back out on Sunday.
Where is the other site?
I have not been to either location yet, so I don't know what to expect.

Chuck

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
The place on SR50 is about 45 mins away from Downtown Tampa. The park we are going to on Sat is much better than Ocala National Forrest in terms of the qulity of off-roading. By that I mean better hills, water crossings etc... You should really check it out if you have a chance. The name of the place we are going slips my mind, but if you PM me your cell I can call you when I find out. The trails we will be riding wont be EXTREME, but they will be quite difficult. But if I can make it and a pretty much stock 03 Ranger Rover can, then I'm sure you wont have a problem!

·
Registered
1997G320 2000G500
169 Posts
My Brother Daniel has the Chick-fil-A franchise at the Paddock Mall in Ocala. He has been trying to manipulate me to come down this weekend, but no can do...

Any G owners who are interested in some Chick-fil-A Sandwiches for the weekend, I will tell him to comp up to 20 and charge them to my business here in Mt. Pleasant, you'll have to purchase your own drinks and appitizers.

Call either of us if interested. Patrick 843 324-7406 Daniel 352 572-6511 in Ocala... anyone with an extra seat or two is welcome to invite him along... he will likely bring extras out of appreciation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts