Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92' 190e sportline black/gray 5 speed manual
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i want to get 2 new front panels for my 560 sel which are only like 40$ each, and paint my car, is maaco a good place to get it painted???

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
zazeem - 3/25/2005 6:37 PM

hi, i want to get 2 new front panels for my 560 sel which are only like 40$ each, and paint my car, is maaco a good place to get it painted???
Yep great place! That's where I go. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
MRTIKKET - 3/25/2005 7:41 PM

zazeem - 3/25/2005 6:37 PM

Yep great place! That's where I go. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hell Noooooooooooo

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
Mr. Tikket, you have a wicked sense of humor, LOL

As for me, I take my trailer home to Maaco for a facelift every five years[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
that's a joke...Right....??????? Right??!??!

I'll be back later I need a martini or two..

Jonathan

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts
If you do the prep work yourself, you MIGHT get a satisfactory paint job from Maaco. They've done some good work on some MB's I've seen, but that's because proper prep work was done, REMOVING lights, bumpers and trim, sanding down old paint, not sloppily taping over the trim and lights in most cases.
-Joe

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
they r good gor the price u pay 4

·
Registered
89 420 SEL (sold), 01ML320 (sold), 03 S430 4MATIC, 06 ML500
580 Posts
I agree the prep work is the key to a good paint job. And of course the painter follows. I guess the best bet is to get the best paint job you can afford and to do as much of the prep work as possible.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Sorry ya'll, perhaps my standards are on the high side having grown up in a concourse restoration shop but ALL the paint jobs I have seen from Maaco are pure S*&... end of story.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1985 300sd
445 Posts
Thank YOU!! A friend of mine got his Maxima painted at Maaco and it the front bumper has already experienced terrible pitting and will need a full repaint. And this is less than 3 months later.

·
Registered
Very Black 86 420sel
108 Posts
Paint jobs are done in 3 phases: prep, paint, finish. Maaco does very little prep and almost no finish; the only thing that maaco really does is to paint the car. You probably won't be happy if they do all three. That means that you have to do the prep and the finish. I've seen acceptable jobs done this way, but it is a lot of work. What is your time worth?

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Again, the monkeys that work at maaco are not what I would call proficient at any aspect of the painting process. I'm sure what ever paint they lay down will have horrible orange peel as well as be thick in some places thin in others. I don't even know what manufacturer paint they use, but I'm sure it's what ever is cheapest!

Jonathan

·
Registered
1985 300sd
445 Posts
From the crappy paint jobs I have seen from Maaco, I would never let them do any work for me!! They overspray like hell!! My buddies truck he had them paint had red tires!! LOL!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Damn... macco is way too expensive for us to bring our car too. It cost hundred of dollars. What I do is spending some dollars on sand papers and paint spray cans. Macco cost more and quality is not.. better is you do it right :lol: j/k
No, macco is not good. Don't do macco unless you want your car look shiety and won't last.

·
Registered
1990 Arctic White 560 SEC and 1990 Smoke Silver Metallic 560 SEC (formerly Cascade's)
182 Posts
I guess Maaco is better than Earl Scheib, eh?

Absolutely horrible paintjob...a friend of mine got his car resprayed at Earl Scheib and literally, after no more than two months, the car was peeling already. They overspray like nuts in all of the wrong places.

Please, save your hard earned money for a GOOD quality paint job. Your eyes will thank you.

You could always just buy some thinner/paint solvent and spray paint it...or use a touch-up pen for the entire car...[8D]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts