Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question:

I got a white 400se with gray bumbers all around. There are scrathes on the bumpers that needs to be painted. What do you guys think about painting it white to match the rest of the car? Have you all done this before? How much does it cost? Also, do you know anyone in Dallas who will do it well?

Thanks,

· Registered
86 560SEL
1,334 Posts
I have, my car is black and the bottom was grey and I had the whole bottom painted to matc...

I have, my car is black and the bottom was grey and I had the whole bottom painted to match the color of the rest of the car. Looked more updated. Because they did put one color on the whole car in the later year models.

It was done by a Mercedes Benz body shop, it cost me a little over $1,000.00. It has been done 3 years ago and the paint still hold up pretty good.

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
dtkw,
would it possible to post a pic of ure car? i was thinking of doing the same ...

dtkw,
would it possible to post a pic of ure car? i was thinking of doing the same ...

///S320

· Registered
86 560SEL
1,334 Posts
Yes, it is. But you guys have to wait until I get my program to download from my digi came...

Yes, it is. But you guys have to wait until I get my program to download from my digi camera.

· Registered
86 560SEL
1,334 Posts
A light touch, nothing would come off. But I did found some small scratches from the stuf...

A light touch, nothing would come off. But I did found some small scratches from the stuffs that fell on the car. But with a good buffer, it would take care of it easily. I also have some spray paint in jet black and a clear glossy one. So, if the scratch is too much, I would just cover it with the paints. And wait for something big, Godforbid, before getting a new paintjob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.