Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2011 C300 Sport 4matic
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U guys think i should have my front calipers painted red with Mercedes Benz in black on them?

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
910 Posts
I was thinking about doing mine red as well. I think it would look pretty good.

·
Registered
1995 Mercedes Benz E320
121 Posts
U guys think i should have my front calipers painted red with Mercedes Benz in black on them?
I feel like red brake calipers are pretty tacky and ricey unless they are administered to a high performance/exclusive car. They make the car look like it is trying to hard to be something it's not. Black/Silver calipers are much more appropriate because there presence looks great, but does not imply "look at me, i'm a run of the mill sedan pretending to be a supercar" like red calipers do. Black/Silver calipers are more suited to a car with more subtle styling/performance.

·
Registered
<2003_C240><1998_SL500>
38 Posts
Cheap alternative

Hey guys, I've considered this alternative, but I haven't made up my mind. I haven't talked to anyone that has tried it. Check it out for yourself, it might be something you like. Ebay Item number: 370129527056.

·
Registered
2005 C230 SS Kompressor
456 Posts
Red should look good. Are you planning on painting the rear calipers too?? what kind of red did you have in mind, A bright red or a darker candy apple red?

It also looks good if you put a Brembo decal on the front...

·
Registered
2005 C230 SS Kompressor
456 Posts
Hey guys, I've considered this alternative, but I haven't made up my mind. I haven't talked to anyone that has tried it. Check it out for yourself, it might be something you like. Ebay Item number: 370129527056.
:eek::eek: dont do it!!! Not sure about your budget but for a few hundred bucks you can upgrade to a used set of 05-07 2 piston front brakes or the c32 front brakes...

·
Registered
2006 audi S4 Cabriolet
98 Posts
I agree with Arinzeuno, black or silver would be nicer. Red is more for Porsches and Ferraris...... and Hondas.

Not sure about the plastic caps from ebay. First it will probably look fake from up close. Second, you also need large wheels. I know my winter 16" stock wheels would not have the required clearance.

·
Registered
2011 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon
1,023 Posts
i have mine painted hot metal red...and i think with dark blue car color they look great!

p.s. way to put honda in with Porches and Ferrari

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
910 Posts
I wouldn't do the covers. Your best off just painting them.

·
Registered
2006 audi S4 Cabriolet
98 Posts
i have mine painted hot metal red...and i think with dark blue car color they look great!

p.s. way to put honda in with Porches and Ferrari
Would you mind posting a picture please. I will probably paint my calipers this summer and am not decided yet on the color. I am not sure about stock red calipers and would love to see one. So far my first choice is black, I am not sure either about red on my desert silver (more land sand) car.

Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon
1,023 Posts
Would you mind posting a picture please. I will probably paint my calipers this summer and am not decided yet on the color. I am not sure about stock red calipers and would love to see one. So far my first choice is black, I am not sure either about red on my desert silver (more land sand) car.

Thanks
you can get an idea from these two, i think
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3449468129/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3449468105/

·
Registered
<2003_C240><1998_SL500>
38 Posts
ok, so the cheap plastic option on a luxury sports car wasn't the best option to suggest. I don't know if I like the red too much though, but I think it will just depend on the color of your car.

·
Registered
2006 audi S4 Cabriolet
98 Posts

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Red calipers look really nice on my coupe, but it's red. Not the best pictures ever, but they give you an idea...

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 C230 SS Kompressor
456 Posts
Red calipers look really nice on my coupe, but it's red. Not the best pictures ever, but they give you an idea...
sorry this is off topic, but are those EBC dimpled/slotted rotors?? if they are, how do you like them??

as for calipers i painted mine white, for a kinda cleaner look to match my car. I also put a brembo decal on the front.

·
Registered
2005 230 Kompressor
341 Posts
Get a good brake or ceramic based paint and go for it. My neighbor got a pair of the red plastic e-bay covers for his Benz and it looks cheaper than a $3.00 watch.

Painted mine dark metallic gray, just a shade darker than factory, taped over the Mercedes Benz lettering so it still shows and it took no time at all to tape and paint. Looks wayyyyy better than the plastic rice covers. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts