Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 CLK430
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone painted their reflectors and front grill ? I saw the MAE show car clk and it is all black to match the car and it looks pretty good. Anyone have any experience with this? Also, anyone know a good body shop in the bay area (Palo Alto or Mountain View area)? thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
i painted the reflectors... not the front grill though... what color is your car? if its b...

i painted the reflectors... not the front grill though... what color is your car? if its black u have no problem... just go to autozone or a store that sells spray paint for cars...then u can do it yourself... its not that hard... going to a body shop would cost $$$ and its not really necessary since ur just goin to paint the grill and reflectors...
[:p]

·
Registered
CLK430
665 Posts
I'd have the grill painted professionally. It cost me $140 to have the grill and side m...

I'd have the grill painted professionally. It cost me $140 to have the grill and side markers painted black. The bodyshop sand-blasted the chrome off the grill first and used urethane paint (ideal for flexing).

It is well worth it than a hack-job by a DIYer.

Try COOKs Body Shop in the bay area -- they do MB paint jobs for wrecks, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts