Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
04 E320 4M Wagon, 90 560SEC, 14 VW Sportwagen TDI
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I need some advice ASAP, removed pinstripe lines from each side of my car ! 80's stick on one's which came off great with my fingernail and with little glue and gunk left on paintwork !EASY !!! Azizona heat helped with that. Car was dirty so as it was a nice day decided to wash it and remove remaining gunk/glue with normall household sponge and continued to wash my baby with power washer. Once i finished i noticed that my cars paintwork looked different ! I have lines going down each side of the car were i had been using the sponge and it seems to have removed the lacker from the top coat of the paint, the rest of the car shine like it has just came out of a showeroom and then there's the lines ! Im completely gutted, I want to work with my car because i dont trust cowboys who do i shi**y job and i think iv just done the same thing myself !

Anyone had an experience like this rearding paintwork or could give some advice, IE: new paint job, sand blast and re lacker ETC.

Thanks in advance

:(

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
ouch, im very sorry to hear. pics would be helpful. which side of the sponge did you use?? what cleaner did you use ? household dishwasher cleaner? try to buff it out.. don't go through any extreme yet. just try easy things. what did you use the heat the exterior? how hot does it get???

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,103 Posts
are you sure it's not just leftover glue gunk that makes the paint hazy?

if it's really a damage to the clearcoat, you can start by waxing over the dull areas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts