Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1976 450 SL
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I 'm gonna have my trunk painted , I'm trying to find the paint code.

A friend owes me a favor and is going to fix 2 bubbled up spots on my trunk lid.

Its hard to see in the photo but its bubbled up beside the MB logo to the right and just above the trim of the trunk button

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
So I 'm gonna have my trunk painted , I'm trying to find the paint code.
Paint code is on the metal card on the radiator support in the engine compartment. On my car it's the third line down, and says 504H 504H. Body color 504, top color 504.

·
Registered
1976 450 SL
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like my paint codes are 737G for top and body, I'm guessing White. my top is currently blue. Since I have to buy a quart of paint I'm thinking of painting the top back to White,,,,,The blue top is bubbled up in the center of the top anyway.
Any comments or opinions? My only concern is ,,would it make it look like chic's ride?

·
Registered
1976 450 SL
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before;

After

I'm not sure if I like the original color or not,, too late now!
Trunk rust is history also

Its great have talented friends, that like to barter!

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
Is that your chocolate lab? It looks like mine. Beautiful dog!
OK, really, you've got to start looking at the dates of the threads you're resurrecting. This is almost a year old.

·
Registered
1976 450 SL
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is my Laci,, she is only 3 now,, or 4 ? She was named after Laci Peterson. She is a ham for the camera. Great people dog!

·
Registered
1979 450 SLC
63 Posts
Hi,
My name is Will and I am new to the site. My SLC is 504H also but I am getting conflicting names for the color. Two that I have gotten are Terracota and Cayenne Orange. Do you know which is correct?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
7,563 Posts
everlasting thread.
Will, glad to see you're using that search function. 504 shows English Red. IDK where you found those other two colors...:confused:

·
Registered
1979 450 SLC
63 Posts
The guy I bought it from called it Cayenne Orange which is on the MB paint list but is not 504H.

Searched the paint code and found this: Mercedes-Benz 300D Pictures: 1979 Mercedes-Benz 300D terracotta

Really elaborate description except the paint color name is wrong and they use it several times in the description.

Found another post in the forums which sent me here:
http://www.oldtimer-farbtabelle.de/Englischrot (English Red) _115/w_504/Mercedes_.htm
where I also got the name English Red.
Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
1979 450 SLC
63 Posts
Sorry, you said what; I was busy looking at your avatar. Still looking at your Avatar not really caring about the color anymore.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts