Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking to remove the grills top and bottom to paint them chrome look color on ML320. I need any advise on should I and should I not and what other suggestion...I know some ebayer selling chrome sttick glue on...

Tim

·
Registered
ml320 2002
388 Posts
umm.. u mean paint the whole grille in chrome? I dont think anyone ever did that before with the OEM. Many did paint their grille silver and then added the chrome strips.

Like this...

Attachments

·
Registered
The ML 320
91 Posts
soulsociety714 said:
umm.. u mean paint the whole grille in chrome? I dont think anyone ever did that before with the OEM. Many did paint their grille silver and then added the chrome strips.

Like this...
Soul...how did you paint the grill and what kind of paint did u use?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
soulsociety714 said:

Like this...
This is even better, paint the grill and add the chrome strip...but like Oatie44 asked...what type of paint should we buy?

Thanks for the Pictture....looks great.

·
Registered
ML320
60 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML55
624 Posts
body electric said:
I would just order the ML 320 sport grill (inspiration edition) from performance mercedes.
It's only $279 saves you the hardship if you mess up on the original.

http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com/productpage.aspx?pid=110470&name=Silver+Sports+Grille

Lot's of people have done the spray paint job with great results, if your handy with the spray paint can and take your time it shouldn't be a problem. I personally wouldn't do it but I know I don't have the patience for it.

If your really curious do a search for grill and paint, tons of DIY post have been done on this topic.

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,836 Posts

·
Registered
ml320 2002
388 Posts
SC400 said:
This is even better, paint the grill and add the chrome strip...but like Oatie44 asked...what type of paint should we buy?

Thanks for the Pictture....looks great.

I used pepboy regular spray silver spray paint. Remember to sand down the grille first, primer, sand again then spray paint it silver and clear coat at the end. Pepboys now also have chrome strip. They sell the whole roll for $15 and it exactly as the ones on ebay but alot cheaper and more. They just need a lil bit of trimming. =)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have painted

Ok. I have painted the grille with chrome color...well the can says chrome but looks silver to me...but thats fine....

Now what I need is the chrome strips...I looked at ebay selling for 20 bucks plus 10 shipping and I might have to pay duties since I am in Ontario Canada.

soulsociety714...where is Pepboy you mentioned?

Tim

·
Registered
ml320 2002
388 Posts
SC400 said:
Ok. I have painted the grille with chrome color...well the can says chrome but looks silver to me...but thats fine....

Now what I need is the chrome strips...I looked at ebay selling for 20 bucks plus 10 shipping and I might have to pay duties since I am in Ontario Canada.

soulsociety714...where is Pepboy you mentioned?

Tim

ummm.. so you live in Canada? I dont reallie know if they have Pepboys in canada but I live in California. Is there an AutoZone somewhere around your place?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
soulsociety714 said:
ummm.. so you live in Canada? I dont reallie know if they have Pepboys in canada but I live in California. Is there an AutoZone somewhere around your place?
There are lots of auto parts but nothing like fancy or mods parts for cars...this is where I admit Canada is suck...nothing really can shop here for car. I was glad that there is one good place selling nice rims close by....

Anyways, I have ordered a set of 5 strips thru Ebay.

Now only thing is I am looking for those pictures of the instruction on how to install LED mirror cover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts