Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has noticed this. The paint finish on new mercs... I own three. ML350 and a CLK320. I recently bought my wife an R350 and my daughter a C class and something I have noticed over the years and in particular with the R series is the poor paint finish.

The orange peel or ripple in the paint job is very bad. To be honest I have painted cars myself and acheived a much better result and I am not a painter by trade. Now in every case I have purchased the car I wanted and waited until it arrives then pick it up. Had I seen the car first I would have walked away. I recently went to my local Benz dealer just to see if it was the way its done these days and it is.

I think Mercedes should have a close look at this because I think I will be heading back to BMW. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
04 E320 Sport
32 Posts
Its not just the poor quality of the exterior that burns me, but the terrible quality of the interior too.........

·
Registered
w204 (C350ELE)
1,262 Posts
Why would anybody purchase something he thinks to be NDG? To me this is like complaining about the weather.

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
I am under the understanding that the paint finish on modern cars is rippled due to the fact that the newer environmentally friendly paints do not spray on in the same way, only the previous generation of toxic finishes can easily be applied in a glossy manner. We traded aesthetics for health and safety, but still I feel we have the technological know-how to remedy this by now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts