Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1983 300D turbo and I have a question. Where do I find the paint codes for it?

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,742 Posts
Nacus - 4/13/2005 2:29 PM

I have a 1983 300D turbo and I have a question. Where do I find the paint codes for it?
On the pamel in front of the radiator, you'll find a panel with a bunch of numbers engraved on it. After the chassis # in the next row all the way to the right, there should be a 3-digit paint code. Mine is 904 Dark Blue.

You can also email MB Classic center through www.mbusa.com, give them your VIN and they'll email you a copy of the vehicle data card which will have both the interior and exterior color codes as well as all of the other option codes.

Hope this helps.

Ike

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sportline W124
790 Posts
flyboyike - 4/13/2005 5:06 PM

Nacus - 4/13/2005 2:29 PM

On the pamel in front of the radiator, you'll find a panel with a bunch of numbers engraved on it. After the chassis # in the next row all the way to the right, there should be a 3-digit paint code. Mine is 904 Dark Blue.

You can also email MB Classic center through www.mbusa.com, give them your VIN and they'll email you a copy of the vehicle data card which will have both the interior and exterior color codes as well as all of the other option codes.

Hope this helps.

Ike

It goes something like this.....

it shows 929, so it is Nautik Blau.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all. You have been very helpful. I am just starting the process of restoring my 300D. It is not in horrible shape, but it could use some attention. In two weeks I am gpoing to paint it. Maybe next year will be the year of the interior. I am doing mechincal on and off as money allows. Thank you again.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sportline W124
790 Posts
1985 300CD - 4/14/2005 7:48 AM

That one looks fimilar. [:I]

So sorry, I forgot to credit yours. I hope you don't mind. [:I][:D]

Hey why don't you change your signature?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts