Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I've done some searching and think I've figured out the paint code, however, I'd like more opinions before I order it. Here's a pic of the plate on the core support.

Regards,

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hay...thanks for the reply! That is what I thought it was too. However, when looking at the the color chip it didn't look very close. The pic I poted is close to being actual color.

Here's the link to the chip: (edit.... the link didn't save my selection...so one has to start at the begining and select the year and stuff)

Colors

·
Registered
1993 300TE, 1995 E320 Wagon
1,895 Posts
Check out this link-- there's a "body tag" button on the lower left that will tell you how to decode the whole thing. Also check out the "accessories" button-- it lists the codes for various options.

W126

Here's a thread I had on a great paint-code resource:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1519725-mercedes-glasurit-paint-codes-search-tool.html#post4140545

Lastly, here's a link to a VIN decoder-- not as good as the old Russian site, but it will get you somewhere...

http://www.auto-parts.spb.ru/cat/cats/m.mycat?cat=mb&client=dr2000

·
Registered
2013 MINI Copper S Clubman, '84 300CD-weekend car
10,152 Posts
Yes, 473 is champaign metallic, same as my CD, the one in my avatar.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys

Thanks for all of the help with verifying the color.

This is a customers car....I'll see if I get a pic before it leaves.

Dan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Okay....where to get the paint?

Now that I have the paint code, where besides the dealer, can I get this color? 473m?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for all of the help finding the paint items.

A 12oz spray can has just been ordered from Automotive Finishes at the sum of $39.00!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts