Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 280
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
so i have a slk 280 2007 silver metallic paint color and im looking into changing the paint to a blue metallic what are the disadvantages to doing this if there are any and how much do you think this would run me? and where could i do this in the Los Angeles/Orange County area...also where would i need to get the paint from....i dont want a bad job PLEASE Help

THANKS

·
Registered
2009 SLK 55 AMG
966 Posts
contact an authorized mb paint/body shop for pricing

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good advice

I agree with the advice to check with the local MB shop to find who they use. MB of Laguna Niguel has done nice work for me in the past but I don't know who they use to paint but I am sure they outsource it...
another thought is you might want to keep the stock silver and put a blue "tint" in the clear coat...it has a nice effect...I usually say stay with the stock color but the tint in a clear coat can possibly get what you want. Generally changing from original colors is not a good move but it is your car.

·
Registered
SLK 280 2007, C180 Cgi estate 2011
126 Posts
If there's a standard MB blue that you like, surely just buy a replacement car? The value of your current car will surely nosedive if you repaint it - buyers would imagine all sorts of horror stories behind your respray motives.

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
:thumbsup: Ditto!!!

The first thing I ask when I look at a car is " Any Accidents? and Any panels Repainted?".

:)

·
Registered
858 Posts
:thumbsup: Ditto!!!

The first thing I ask when I look at a car is " Any Accidents? and Any panels Repainted?".

:)
:confused:Ditto. The best paint job available is from the factory. If you're willing to spend big money you can get a quality paint job. I'd pass on a aftermarket paint job and keep (my money) and what I had. Silver is a great color.

·
Registered
SLK 350 facelift, palladium + gullwing red
67 Posts
If it's dark or mid blue you are considering any stone chips will show, as the paint will chip to pale grey primer or your silver underneath

·
Premium Member
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
A full colour change starts at around $6000, and that doesn't include any repair work or unique colours....i know a great shop in the area, PM me if you are interested. Typically, i would say, it's easier, cheaper, and better and just swap the car for another that's already the colour you want. Tinting the clear coat will be a negligable difference, and it'll be easy to chip off.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,116 Posts
Might as well plan on keeping this car forever because its resale value will be zero.

·
Registered
1991 190e 2.6 automatic
760 Posts
i got my 2.6 painted for 1500 metallic black ( only the outside ) by a body and collission shop and the guy fixed any rust spot that was there and now it has 0 rust 0 dents 0 scratches and looks rich black.. right now its dirty i might do pics tomorrow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts