Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering how your custom wheel deal was comming along. I tried to search but didnt get anything with any info as to if they where finished etc...

later
Shawn

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
yooooouuuuu rrrraaaaaaannnnnnnnnggggggggg!

Needless to say, keeping timelines are not stazworks specialty, but he's bidding and building for an 8 milling dollar wheel contract with the military so i can understand him delaying $800 orders because he's basically bidding for his retirement fund.

So they're almost done. The centers are cut, pressed, finish machined, and at least tacked into place in the shells. I think they're actually finished welding but need a trip for sand blasting and primer, and then to the painter (decided to go silver... i'd have gotten them a hair quicker if i went black, but oh well... black was very tempting because i think it looks pretty sweet on silver, but he recommended silver.

I'm tempted to have them powder coated, but I'll see how the look painted first since it's only $10 a wheel and paid for a long time ago. If i do powder coat, i'll probably get them re-done along with the rear bumper (maybe in dark grey for some 2 tone action). The bumper is now on the truck and lookin' very nice i think... (the black finish on the bumper is, however, a little thin/sub-optimal for my tastes and thus the thoughts of having the rims and bumper powdered together run through my mind.

Anway, that's the info as it stands. I gotta get some pictures of the bumper posted. Hopefully the wheels will come out looking something like this... it was one of my last iterations... yikes!

Attachments

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good deal, i was just wondering..

I think i have decided to keep my G, So im going to go on with the plan of picking up wheels, sliders, and arb, winch... then store then till the wife is tired of the G.

We had a deal worked out on trade on a 2005 E500 sport, but when it came time to pull the trigger she was not sure. So im not going to pay out money for something she is not sure about again...

What was the final design of the wheels?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts