Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
Just got my first MB a week ago. It is a 2007 E-320 with 60,000 miles. I just threw a P2033 code. I reset it and it tossed it again - assuming since the CEL came back on 5 min after we cleared it. Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes other than replacing the sensor? Has anyone replaced the sensor? I plan on doing all work myself has I trust my work more than anyone elses. Not intending to be cocky, just know what has been done if I do it myself, and I learn about the car. Thanks for any assistance offered. Rob

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,982 Posts
Just to make sure you are talking about the Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High
DTC?

I believe that sensor is part of the emissions systems and you may very well be covered
under Federal emmisions warranty law.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noodles,
Good call! I'll check the long list of things not covered and see if it is in there. The error given says "P2033 Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2)" The shop on base couldn't find any data on the Code P2033. I have found very little about it online. My assumption is it means the voltage being seen from the EGT sensor is too high. The engine is running perfectly and seems to be getting good MPG - ~30MPG combined. I have only had it for 1 tank of fuel. The CEL came back within 2 miles of clearing it. I'll check my warrenty and check with the Dealer and I will let everyone know what I learn. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts