Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
In case of no check engine light and was told by indy shop that the intake manifold need to be replace because the tumble flap arm is broken.
Will MB Star DAS Xentry be able to see if this problem?
You can literally check and see if the tumble flap arm is broken its its not that hard to see. No need to scan it. It is possible that you may have a "soft" code, but any advanced scanner will pick it up. It does not have to be a Xentry scanner.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just had my car scan and sure enough P2006 shows up. I start to notice low speed performance for quite sometime, but i drive mostly highway (95%).

I guess it's time for a new Pierburg manifold, since my go to indy shop will charge 3 hours to repair or replace.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have this same error code on my GL450 w/ 210k miles. In my case, the lever and arm isn't broken but it won't stay attached. I just purchased the URO Intake Manifold repair kit and 2 gaskets and will install in a few days. I can move the tumbler flaps manually and the action feels smooth and unforced, so I'm thinking I should be ok with the repair kit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just reporting back 7 months later and 10,000 km. All is working great, no hiccups. I have owned the E350 now for near 5 years and 70,000 km. I think it is the best car I have ever owned . Very little maintenance
The biggest job has been for the intake manifold
Happy driving
Chiro.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts