Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
C32 2002 Gl4502007 1997s600
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just pulled the code. Got p1463 as the code. I googled it. got a bunch of different answers. any insight? care is s600 w140. 1997. 117k miles.

·
Premium Member
'97 CL600
2,900 Posts
I would be suspicious of one of the two O2 sensors on the drivers side Catalytic converter.. You and I have the same car and I finally replaced all four of the ordinals this year. Can you access a scanner that gives live feed on these sensors?
Anziani

·
Registered
1994 s600 coupe
479 Posts
if that is a vacuum actuated AIR shutoff valve, it should/may have an electrical solenoid that opens/closes the shutoff valve, by directing vacuum to it. unplugging the connector to it, or a bad connection there, may throw a code. on my car the AIR shutoff valve solenoid is located on passenger right side, on the side of intake manifold.

there are one-way check valves in the AIR system plumbing, to prevent exhaust or backfires from going backwards into the AIR system/pump, there is a rare chance however slight, that one of those one-way valves is stuck or allowing backflow, causing a lean condition in that side o2 sensor. or, the AIR shutoff valve is stuck open ? this is all speculation on my part, just an fyi, something else that came to mind...

this is why, the best thing to do with AIR systems, is disable and remove them completely from the engine, use blockoff plugs on the ports where the pipes used to go, and leave the electrical connectors hooked up as to not throw a code. the computer is commanding it to open, but that's the only way it checks if it's working or not. if the electric connector is working, the computer assumes the AIR is working. at least that's how it is on my car, and how I understood it. mine is disabled and doesn't throw a code.

·
Registered
1994 s600 coupe
479 Posts
24.0​
11 7)​
Right cylinder bank only

AIR relay module (K17)

Control signal​

(2.19)​
N3/3

(1.36)​
Unplug right ECT sensor (B11/10) and simulate 2.5 k
at sockets 2 and 4 with resistance substitution unit.
Engine: at Idle
11 - 14 V
for approx. 2 minutes after start and AIR pump runs.​
24.1 ,
N3/3.​
24.1​
AIR relay module (K17)
Current draw​

(1.23)​
N3/3

(2.19)​
Disconnect right LH-SFI control module (N3/3) from contact module (072).
Ignition: ON
0.1 - 0.3 A​
Wiring,
K17.​

it's not the same code, but it explains how the relay module can affect it and throw codes for AIR.

·
Registered
C32 2002 Gl4502007 1997s600
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn, this sounds like a headache. I will bring it to the shop and see what they say. local indy here.

·
Registered
1994 s600 coupe
479 Posts
yes these cars are complex with computer controlled ignition and fuel management,
and electronic throttles, they are not easy or simple to work on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts