Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 SL600
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting code P1443 when I scan my check engine light. Google thinks it is the left EVAP purge valve, alldata thinks it is the right EVAP purge valve, and this site thinks it is the "left work link EGR." It isn't the EVAP, I replaced both valves one at a time and the code returned (had a spare, didn't cost me anything). When that didn't work I found the code list on this site that pointed to the EGR. Anybody ever have this code and can confirm? I'm probably due for an EGR anyway but I am curious what the 'left work link' part means. :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am getting code P1443 when I scan my check engine light. Google thinks it is the left EVAP purge valve, alldata thinks it is the right EVAP purge valve, and this site thinks it is the "left work link EGR." It isn't the EVAP, I replaced both valves one at a time and the code returned (had a spare, didn't cost me anything). When that didn't work I found the code list on this site that pointed to the EGR. Anybody ever have this code and can confirm? I'm probably due for an EGR anyway but I am curious what the 'left work link' part means. :confused:
I had exact same problem in my 1997 R129.
After a lot of checking and testing I realized that this error code was caused by 87 Octane gasoline. After putting 91 Octane and bottle of Octane booster went away after 200 miles of driving.

·
Registered
94 SL320 98 SL500 99 SL600
889 Posts
Take the hose off the EVAP valve between the valve and canister, thats the one between the fire wall area. See if some little back pellets are in that hose, if so clean out the valve. Put 12v to it and blow it out spray electronic cleaner and do it a few times. Then get a little plastic inline fuel filter and put it between the valve and hose this will keep those pellets out of the vale. Don't pay that much for a valve if after cleaning it you can test by just simply blowing through it, if the valve still leaks get a used one off Ebay there is nothing special about them they are either open or closed. My SL320 dove my nuts with this code for 6 months till I fond the canister was spitting pellets

1 - 4 of 4 Posts