Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,712 Posts
I plugged the canister hose. I connected my brake bleeder to the fuel line normally connects to the purge valve. Unfortunately, the handheld brake bleeder is not creating a vacuum :frown. Do I need a more powerful vacuum?

You are applying vacuum to huge volume so it will take some time to build up vacuum. Or, you have a gross leak.:wink

·
Registered
ML320 2002
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You are applying vacuum to huge volume so it will take some time to build up vacuum. Or, you have a gross leak.:wink
You are probably right again. So far, I received 3V on White-Pink (DST) (Signal) at idle without vacuum, and 5V on White-Grey (5V) wires (voltage).

All the hoses are so brittle at this age. I don't wanna muck up the fuel line. I ordered a C3 multiplexer to do it the right way. I haven't had a P0455 since the fuel cap change BUT, I also had two errors from MAF last week. :eek

·
Registered
ML320 2002
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Scanner with live data display that shows fuel tank pressure? Vacuum pump? Volt meter? Few vacuum plugs and caps?
DAS C3 multiplexer just arrived and seems to be working. How do I test the fuel tank pressure sensor using DAS?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,712 Posts
DAS C3 multiplexer just arrived and seems to be working. How do I test the fuel tank pressure sensor using DAS?
DAS will start HHTWIN. ME->Activations-> Charcoal Canister Shut off valve. That should land you in screen that shows live data for tank pressure sensor.

·
Registered
ML320 2002
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
DAS will start HHTWIN. ME->Activations-> Charcoal Canister Shut off valve. That should land you in screen that shows live data for tank pressure sensor.
I did the tank pressure sensor on DAS. The C3 I have gives communication error and craps out after a few seconds. On the positive side, I did not see a large leak error in a month. That means the fuel leak message I got right after the fuel cap replacement was probably nothing. The new cap seems fully fitted now.

I have been busy with the replacement of a MAF and driver side window regulator. Every time the season changes and weather gets cold, my ML starts breaking up, just like a grandma with rheumatoid arthritis. I hope this is it for this winter. Well, it is still a keeper.

·
Registered
1998 S320 Model:140.033 Engine:M104.994 Tranny:722.605 00 582785
60 Posts
Another post regarding this code, and what he found was the cause. Pretty simple, as they often are, but frustrating to track down...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts