Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had P0452 for over a year now. Clearing it with a scanner, and it comes back within 30 secs as a pending fault on the 1st restart, then after 2 restarts the check engine light is on.

I've tried a new gas cap with no change. No problems with car whatsoever other than this annoying fault.

Where on a 2002 CLK 320 is the (FTP) Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor located?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an FYI is anyone is looking for the fuel tank pressure sensor. It's part of the right fuel-sending unit.

You'll notice 2 electrical connectors on this part. A 2 lead connector for the fuel level, and a 3 lead connector for the FTPS.

Replacing that fixed my issue.

P.S. Getting the locking ring off to remove the fuel level sensor is a PAIN without the 4-pin mercedes tool. After 9 years, it's very hard to budge.

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Hi - Well done fixing your problem.:) Did you need to empty the fuel tank to do the work? And did you make your own tool to get the large ring nut off?

I did take a look in my WIS for this pressure sensor (B4/3) with no luck - until I found that it was only supplied on US models of W208. My Euro W209 does not have one either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts