Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 C36 has had this problem for a while, runs fine while cold, but when she warms up, starts "loping" when idling in gear, rpms going from 450 to 850. Runs like a champ when driving, but when idling it does that funky lope. Have replaced: 02 sensors, EGR, MAF, wiring harness, spark plugs, coil packs. Probably something else that I have forgotten. Oh yeah, ECU when the wiring harness smoked the old one.

Just threw code P0441 - read on another post that it could be the rubber boots between the spark plugs and ignition coils (which I did not replace). Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
34 Posts
"Evaporative emmision control system incorrect purge flow" could be your gas cap, or components Y58/1 or Y27/6.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any luck?

Hey Drewsome2,
Did you ever find out what the deal was with your Benz?
My C220 idles very sporadically. Without really looking, my mechanic said it was definitely the wire harness. I don't doubt the thing needs to be replaced (since I hear they all do from the early-mid 90's), but my Benz is throwing the P0441 as well. I have a hard time pinning the poor idling to a bad gas cap. Did you ever find out what was causing your issue? Sounds like you tried about everything in the book.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Hey Drewsome2,
Did you ever find out what the deal was with your Benz?
My C220 idles very sporadically. Without really looking, my mechanic said it was definitely the wire harness. I don't doubt the thing needs to be replaced (since I hear they all do from the early-mid 90's), but my Benz is throwing the P0441 as well. I have a hard time pinning the poor idling to a bad gas cap. Did you ever find out what was causing your issue? Sounds like you tried about everything in the book.
I have an OBDII code reader mine does the same thing. I'm going to see what happens this time. Just reset today, I will try a new "Stant" gas cap and see what happens...

·
Registered
366 Posts
check your accelerator linkage adjustment first, if the cable is pulled to much it will result to this problem. look on the engine side, you can adjust the cable from there, the play should be 1mm or less. if the cable is pulled too much the signal on the throttle valve is not correct for the mapping in the control unit and the ecu is trying to compensate for the problem.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
check your accelerator linkage adjustment first, if the cable is pulled to much it will result to this problem. look on the engine side, you can adjust the cable from there, the play should be 1mm or less. if the cable is pulled too much the signal on the throttle valve is not correct for the mapping in the control unit and the ecu is trying to compensate for the problem.
So that would result in performance issues as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts