1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Clk350 convertible

I got codes P0172 and P0175
I plan on ordering a i980 to be able to better diagnose the car.
So far I cleaned the maf cleared the codes, and after 2 days of driving the codes came back. I’ve had the check engine light for about a month now, it comes on after a week or so sometimes it would turn off a few days later it would come back.
Anything else I can try since cleaning the maf didn’t work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG , MY05 CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,553 Posts
Are the air filters clean ?
Are the tumble flap links ok ,,this is a known weak point on the M272.

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update
The air filters are clean.
(Not really sure what the tumble flaps are)
I took off the maf sensor cleaned it up, I cleared the codes and it hasn’t come back for about 2 weeks. Maybe I get lucky and that’s all it was.

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spoke too soon. Check engine light came back on again with the same two codes.

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I’ll go through the list and see.
I’m wondering if the two air tubes that connect into the air filter box has anything to do with it. Mine are falling apart but I have two new ones that ill be installing tomorrow. Just have to figure out how to unclip the front part of them without breaking them.

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I scanned the car with the Mercedes Carly app. These are the Mercedes specific codes I found. 000750, 000746, 002096, and 002092.
I forgot to mention I do have a sprintbooster connected to the car but never had an issue with it. I doubt it’s playing a role but figured I’d mention it.
Also ever since cleaning the MAF the car has never driven as good as it is now. (Just driving it you wouldn’t think the check engine light was on)

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m attaching readings from long term fuel trim from both banks maybe this will help diagnose the problem

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s been about two weeks since I cleared the check engine light and today the codes came back P0172 and P0175. I feel nothing wrong with the car I hate driving with the cel on

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG , MY05 CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,553 Posts
I would try a new MAF first ,,,,otherwise you may need to clean or fit a new centrifuge and oil separator to fix the problem.

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still haven’t fixed this, haven’t rushed to fix it cause I’m not noticing anything noticeable with the car. Only thing is I feel like I’m miles per gallon is down.

I noticed my car doesn’t have the metal clip that locks onto the air intake box. I’ll attach a picture, I’m wondering if not having this could be causing the issue.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
18,979 Posts
Not all cars/engines have the clip. My CLK550 did not, but my SL550 does. Same engine on both.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
My friend's CLK350 ,,,the clip is either broken or missing ,,I forget which ,,but it doesn't matter,,,as long as the air box has been pushed down fully into position...
just check that it is correctly seated every few months..

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today I bought the clip and installed it along with new o-rings that the maf sits on. I then cleared the codes, we’ll see if the codes come back.

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cleared the codes yesterday, no check engine light as of right now but the 2 codes are pending so it seems like it’s only a matter of time before cel comes back on.
Can’t get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I plan on changing the maf and see if that helps if it doesn’t, I’ll reinstall the old one and return the new one. (I don’t think there’s anything wrong with my current one)

The next thing I’ll try is changing the MAP sensor and vaccum tube that connect to the map sensor. I read a few post from Rudney saying that codes 2092, 2096, 0746 and 0750 go back to the MAP sensor. My question is has anyone changed that tube before? It’s a very tight space that I have to work with to try and disconnect the vaccum line from the manifold. There’s also something that looks like a clip but can’t really see it too good.

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 cab
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just an update I changed the o-rings from the maf and the air box and the cel with the same codes came back.
I decided to change the MAF sensor and it looks like now everything is good. It’s been about a week now and the cel has not returned.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts