Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 E320
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*remember I posted my disclaimer for ignorance* haha.

I can't find what these codes indicate and what would trigger them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
per

above.fuel trim values when both appear at the same time usually indicates out of range mass air sensor.Clean per the diy in the diy section,if that does not work,10 minutes with a screw driver and a new unit fron
Your Parts Search Returned 1 Part(s)
for 170 bucks will.
easy diy to clean,easy diy to replace.:thumbsup:
ohlord:bowdown:
also if it has been awhile since the fuel filter has been changed it will also trigger intermittent maf codes that will come and go on a sporadic nature.Install a new oem air filter since you will be removing the air box.NO k/n filters just the 12 buck one from autohausaz.com

·
Registered
1999 E320
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. A nudge in the right direction was all it took. I've read all the above suggestions and I'm all over it. This place is such a saving grace in many aspects!

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
talking about codes, i can;t get rid of the p0170 code. there is no vaccum leaks, replaced the maf a little bit ago, but the damn CEL keeps coming back in a day or two. it drives as if nothing was wrong and gas mileage hasn't changed. what else could it be? :confused:

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
talking about codes, i can;t get rid of the p0170 code. there is no vaccum leaks, replaced the maf a little bit ago, but the damn CEL keeps coming back in a day or two. it drives as if nothing was wrong and gas mileage hasn't changed. what else could it be? :confused:
You've got the I-6, right? Have you changed the fuel filter and air filter and checked the intake system (from the intake point back to the MAF) for any other obstructions? That would be my next step if not already done.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
You've got the I-6, right? Have you changed the fuel filter and air filter and checked the intake system (from the intake point back to the MAF) for any other obstructions? That would be my next step if not already done.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg
yes greg, i have the i-6. i did change the fuel filter last year, and i threw in a new air filter when i put the new maf. can't tell what's wrong :confused:, i will look more into it next month when i'm less busy, probably just take it to my mechanic so he can figure it out. for now i will just live with the cel on:crybaby2:

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
yes greg, i have the i-6. i did change the fuel filter last year, and i threw in a new air filter when i put the new maf. can't tell what's wrong :confused:, i will look more into it next month when i'm less busy, probably just take it to my mechanic so he can figure it out. for now i will just live with the cel on:crybaby2:
I've never used Seafoam but some of the other respected members swear by the stuff, it can't hurt to use that and see if that helps. Where did you get your MAF? If not from a reliable source it is suspect, and if it is from a reliable source it is possible you have a defect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts