Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
00 ml320 07 cadillac escalade ext
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys need your help once again.(2000 ml320) I recently got a check engine lite and these are the codes i got. I realize its an o2 sensor but have no idea which one it is. Also are all the o2 sensors for this car the same,was thinking about buying it on ebay.:confused:

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
I am no expert but I can tell you this: buying stuff for your truck on ebay is never a great idea - Try autohausAZ.

Plus, I am sure if you search the Forum you can find out whether it's the upstream or downstream O2 sensor that needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Hey guys need your help once again.(2000 ml320) I recently got a check engine lite and these are the codes i got. I realize its an o2 sensor but have no idea which one it is. Also are all the o2 sensors for this car the same,was thinking about buying it on ebay.:confused:
Hey, Big D, nice avatar.

How many miles on your truck? If you're getting close to 100K that is the recommended replacement interval and you can DIY these things pretty easily. However, I would not buy anything critical for my MB from flea-bay, that's asking for trouble. Amazon actually sells the things if you're opposed to autohausaz.com (I bought universal type for my car from Amazon, Wagner brand, but you have to cut off your old connectors and splice them in, so it's a bit more involved and time-consuming).

Both of your codes are for your front sensor on the right (passenger) side:

P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1, open circuit bef cat right)
P0135 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Since it's not seeing the sensor or the sensor heating circuit, you could just have a loose or dirty connection, so I'd start by disconnecting it, inspect the wires and if it looks good and clean and the wires are okay then plug it in and unplug it a few times, then plug it in and clear the codes, then go for a drive.

This sensor is just ahead of the cat near the exhaust header on the right side of the engine (left side if you are in front of the vehicle looking at the engine). Look around and you'll see it, it threads right into the exhaust pipe a few inches before the cat (which if you're not familiar with it is the sort of bulgy-looking thing welded right into the exhaust pipe).

If you DIY, get an O2 socket (has a cutout for the wires) and a torque wrench, warm the engine a bit, that will make the old one easier to get out. Remove the old one, put a little anti-seize compound on the threads of the new one (being sure NOT to get any on the sensor itself) and then insert and tighten to 45NM. Reconnect the four-prong plug and enjoy.

FWIW the oem pre-wired Bosch are pretty expensive, even at discounted online pricing they will ring up about $500-600 for the set of four.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
2000 ml430, 99 infiniti i30 limited edition
980 Posts
Hi! Okay,I replaced all 02 sensors on mine and all I needed was a 17mm open wrench. NO need for 02 socket. Save your $ 10.00 for this o2 socket and put it towards the 02 sensor and forget the universal ones because it will throw codes. I been there done that.

·
Registered
1998 ML320
155 Posts
Hi! Okay,I replaced all 02 sensors on mine and all I needed was a 17mm open wrench. NO need for 02 socket. Save your $ 10.00 for this o2 socket and put it towards the 02 sensor and forget the universal ones because it will throw codes. I been there done that.
I took your advice and I'm regretting it. I cannot get the darn sensor off with a wrench (bank 1 sensor 1). I am going to the store tomorrow to buy an O2 socket. Also, a 17mm open wrench does NOT fit on my O2 sensors.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,849 Posts
I took your advice and I'm regretting it. I cannot get the darn sensor off with a wrench (bank 1 sensor 1). I am going to the store tomorrow to buy an O2 socket. Also, a 17mm open wrench does NOT fit on my O2 sensors.
One of the problems with free advice is that you get what you paid for.:(

·
Registered
2000 MB ml320
20 Posts
i have an ML320 2000, with codes of P0150, p0155, and p0130. it all started with 150, then 130, and now the 155 code. does anyone know if something else is triggering these codes besides bad sensors? does MB uses Denso or Bosch for these sensors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts