Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help to figure out new problem. Just replaced the water pump and after a few mintues of driving the CEL was on. Went back to the shop and they denied doing anything that could cause the light to go on and told me I needed a new MAP sensor. They turned it off and after about 10 miles it is back.

The code P0106 Map Baro Chk Range Perf "manifold absolute pressure sensor........" and I don't know where it is located and how I can check it. I search the site and I found a similar situation where someone else said their water pump was changed & someone found a small air pipe disconnected from the small sensor sitting next to the pulley but i am not sure which one their referring to. ALL Feedback is appreciated. Even call 5714371613. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,145 Posts
I just saw it happen to a W210 owner. The indy shop played dumb. The owner found the
leak and fixed it himself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same situation, I went back and he said to buy a new MAP Sensor from the dealer. What a tool. Also had another code appear that said no reading from 02 sensor?!? Is that code related going to also clear out?

This guy left the maf clamp loose also, at first I thought it was a result of that and cleaned the maf.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,145 Posts
Pull the top plastic engine cover off and look around the MAP sensor. I bet you will
find a damaged or disconnected line. Just connect or repair it. Then show the the
mechanic your findings. Mechanics that think their work is always flawless really bug me.
I wish I knew what it was like to be perfect like him.

It sounds like the O2 sensor is unplugged or one of the wires is bad.

However a MAF problem can trigger an O2 code, but I have never seen it be a no reading
O2 code.
That is why I think it is a wire or connection issue. Follow the wires from the O2 sensor
and you may just find the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I did not clarify, I did reconnect the hose after I disconnected the sensor. 1st it gave the code for MAP only, then after driving an additional 30-40 min it gave 2 codes for o2 sensor so I will clear them and try again. Thank you for all of your input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2003 CLK320 generated the same P0106 code the day after I replaced the water pump. I scoured around the engine checking all the connectors I had disconnected and also following the vacuum hose paths looking for cracks or dislocation. I initially found nothing. Thanks to the diagrams offered by Witek_M, I realized there was a hidden hose behind the sensor shown in this photo (mine is a bit different). Once I poked in behind, I realized that the vacuum hose had popped of during the disruption of moving things out of the way of the water pump. Once re-connected, the code was no longer generated.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts