Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I got CEL after 4-5 hrs driving. After 1-2 days driving locally CEL disappeared. It also happened once before, after long trip (3-4 months ago). Checked today and its the same code (p0012 A camshaft position timing over-retarded bank1).
As I understood from previous posts, a magnet on passenger side has to be replaced.
Can somebody help me out pointing to where exactly they are located on ML350 (2008) or post a picture. ML has 55,000 miles by now. Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi guys
I got CEL after 4-5 hrs driving. After 1-2 days driving locally CEL disappeared. It also happened once before, after long trip (3-4 months ago). Checked today and its the same code (p0012 A camshaft position timing over-retarded bank1).
As I understood from previous posts, a magnet on passenger side has to be replaced.
Can somebody help me out pointing to where exactly they are located on ML350 (2008) or post a picture. ML has 55,000 miles by now. Your help is greatly appreciated.
I do not know if this is the same issue as mine but my 2008 ML350 was under warranty last summer when I got this replaced and per invoice, below was done:

1) Replaced All 3 CAM Plugs - Oil was leaking from Under the CAR.
2) Error Code: 0272 - Camshaft Right Intake Incorrect position P0012.
Replaced Right Intake Adjuster Magnet. Faulty Adjuster Magnet: Replaced Left and Right EXH Adjuster Magnet.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with this since I do not know how but I am sure someone may have done it and will help you.

If you end up doing by yourself, it will be really helpful to this community if you can post some pics and steps on how to do this. Seems like this is very common issue with this car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have this error code as of last week on my 06 ML350. I have reset it twice and it comes back on after longer drives, over 100 miles. I will investigate and see if I can post the details.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts