Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2002 ML 320
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for info on where the wire runs from Fuse 22 on a 2002 ML320. I am getting error code PO446 which translated to EVAP Control Circuit. Power is coming from the fuse box to the first connection that feeds the charcoal canister. It was OHM'd and read that the line was (open) or cut. When the valve was tested on the EVAP canister the valve functioned using a tool that delivered power. With that said It would seem another connector is between the fuse box connection and the canister that can come loose or maybe the line is broken...?
does anyone have the route of the wiring? or tell me where to find it? Is their another issue that will give the same reading/results? it was tested for power at solenoid and that proved to show no power at solenoid circuit z51/5 but it did actuate from a power probe.

suggestions? Ideas? anyone?

Thanks in advance... I have heard stories of teh guy who had a mouse eat a wire ina car and $7000 later the dealer replaced the entire harness rather than fix the wires...

· Registered
2002 ML 320
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is connector x18/3 just in front of left rear wheel visible with splash shield removed.
i didn't really do a good job explaining the area... apparently the area that is faulty is between the connector you speak of and the back of the fuse box...apparently a splice in between the tw places is faulty or the line is cut?? do you know where the wire is routed? or is this one of those things you need to take the interior apart to find?

· Registered
Dallas, Texas
13,384 Posts
Have you found and examined Z51/5 splice? From there to X18/3 is no more then 4 feet. I don't know harness routing. You will have to do exploratory on that. Or run separate wire.

· Registered
2002 ML 320
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as i understand it the Z51/5 is right behind the fuse box. so a good test would be to run a wire from splice to connector. If that erases the problem I am good... challenge then being finding a place to route the wire.

· Registered
Dallas, Texas
13,384 Posts
Looks like Z51/5 is on left side of transmission tunnel. There are many components that get powered from that splice. Any problems with them? How far can you visually trace harness from connector X18/3?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.