Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2005 A209 CLK500 Cabriolet
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Out of curiosity. Does anyone happen to have a P/N or can suggest where to get the nylon fastener for the front-wheel liner? Somehow the liner lost the old fastener and the tire had been scrapping the bejesus out of the wheel liner. I bought a whole bunch of them before to replace the undercarriage guard but for some reason, the fastener won't fit the wheel liner hole. So I'm guessing it's a different size. Try to Google it and none of them give me the exact size and part numbers and im not about to wait for a new shipment every time I order a wrong one. Any advice? I may end up having to replace the bottom left front wheel liner as well but that'll probably be a separate project. Please help?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did. I bought a couple of bags from eBay for Mercedes specifically but it won't fit when I tried to use it for the wheel liner. Too big. It works fine with undercarriage cover but not for wheel liner

· Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
2,661 Posts
Oh yes ,,sorry ,,The push in style rivets are just for the lower liners. The upper wheel arch liner uses two kinds ,,,both with a 10mm hex head,,but one is a plastic flanged nut which goes onto protruding threaded studs...
the other is just a self tapper type screw ,,with a 12mm washer and 15mm of thread protruding.
You could just use regular nuts ,screws and washers ,,
If you want the genuine plastic flanged nut ,,I'd say the dealer is your only option unless you can find them on fcpeuro or one of the other MB parts suppliers.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries. Thus I asked for the P/N or some description so I know what to look for. Very annoying.

· Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
25,452 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Rod.

I think I have finally solved the problem today. I gave up and called the dealership and ask for the part number and the price. It's 0542 for the part number. I don't need the U-clip so I didn't get that part number. The price is $2.50 a pop and I need 4 of them =10 bucks and it's not a nylon fastener but a metal screw. The one that comes from Mercedes uses Allen key and I thought that the price is still pretty crazy but I was about to just go there, suck it up, and pay for it but then I found the measurement of the fastener which is 6.3mm x 16mm. With that info, I went to Lowe's and found the fastener with the help of the guy who works there. He converted the metric to the inch and got me the fastener 14x3/4 at a price of $1.75 for 4 pieces. Still high but cheaper than the dealership. Went back home, installed it and it fits like a glove. So hopefully this info can help future Merc enthusiast who's looking for the wheel liner fastener. Thanks for the input again, everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.