Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just replaced both of my Oxygen Sensors Pre-Cat, however my ODBii scanner still reads with a P0150 code. Got any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,119 Posts
Did you try to clear them? Which specific brand and part number did you install for the sensors?
What king of ODB scanner are you using?

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,098 Posts
Did you try to clear them? Which specific brand and part number did you install for the sensors?
What king of ODB scanner are you using?
Agree.

1. Where did you buy them?

2. What make?

3. What part number?

4. Are there any other codes?

·
Outstanding Contributor
2002 ML320, 2003 A160, 2002 ML500, 2018 GLS350d
4,405 Posts
I suggest you read this thread wherein 43sqd has given advice on a similar issue - and save him some typing.

Summary: member had P0150 codes & misfires, replaced O2 sensor pre-cat, could generate further misfires, advised to have catalytic converter tested, and (no surprises here) failed to close thread with post on outcome/solution.

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FOLLOW UP

Guys,

Thanks for the input. I just read it again and so far, no codes. I will keep a closer look and see if it pops up again. I'm hoping to get it smog checked tomorrow.

Response to some of the questions. It is a Denso Part#234-4174 (both sides) purchased online from autohausaz.com

My OBDii scanner is an Actron CP9135. Its several years old, maybe its time for a firmware update or something..:)

I forgot to mention, in the process of replacing the sensors, the clip holders were brittle and it broke. I managed to zip-tie them temporarily. Do you guys happen to know the part# for those clips?

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,098 Posts
Guys,

Thanks for the input. I just read it again and so far, no codes. I will keep a closer look and see if it pops up again. I'm hoping to get it smog checked tomorrow.

Response to some of the questions. It is a Denso Part#234-4174 (both sides) purchased online from autohausaz.com

My OBDii scanner is an Actron CP9135. Its several years old, maybe its time for a firmware update or something..:)

I forgot to mention, in the process of replacing the sensors, the clip holders were brittle and it broke. I managed to zip-tie them temporarily. Do you guys happen to know the part# for those clips?

Thanks again.
The Denso part # is correct for your vehicle, but a search with Autohauz reveals that they only sell Bosch sensors.

Your Parts Search Returned 1 Part(s)

If that clip is indeed what is broken, the part # is 163 542 13 40.

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts