Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 S350, 06 E320CDI
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a W140 that only came with a reproduction owners manual. I have had several W126 cars and they come with a bunch of stuff inside of a leather zip type folder.

What does the original owners packet look like and any idea where I might be able to get one?

·
Registered
'07 CLK350
1,144 Posts
Post this in one of those "parting out the car threads" in this forum or check Ebay.

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,591 Posts
Hi & welcome on the Forum
Here is an Original W140 Leather Folder with Mercedes Benz Logo (last pic,best i could do), it has Booklets like Owners Manual,Antenna Manual with 4 little Special Wipes for the Antenna ,to wipe the dirt of (i belive it is some Alcohol or something ) ,compliments from MB , Radio cleaning Casette Tape (note the Seals around the Tape ,it has never been used ),Service Booklets ,MB Road service Locations,Warranty Booklets etc... and so much more , i addet -HID Lightning Manual,DVD Manual ,Headrests DVD Manual & the Digital TV Manual ,all of those Booklets fit neatly into that Folder stored in the Glove box ,Locked/Sealed/Guardet/Vaulted/Untouchable/Not4Sale/Tabu for anyone exept 4 MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ,Capissch.
Check Ebay every Day or an MB Wrecker for one , or alternatively Order from Mercedes directly ( $ ) .
Ciao
:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 W211 E320
1,254 Posts
Wow! They give you quite a bit with an s-class... cleaning tape and all kinds of other booklets.... only got the basics in my w202 C-Class ...

This is helpful, though, because I have absolutely nothing for my S320...

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,591 Posts
There is a lot of little Booklets in that Folder all wich are Stamp't MB or Hirshmann ( Antenna ) or Becker (Radio ) , the most amazing Booklet is the Hirschman Antenna , those Antenna Wipes they are similar to the Wipes that ou get when you go to Kentucky Fried Chicken ,those Cleaning once that look like a little Square , If there would b any Instructions with it ,it would probably say " turn knob on Radio to on Postion ,then look at the Rear and watch the Antenna go Up ,to detract Antenna turn knob to Radio off Position and watch Antenna go down " lol ,Well its not like that ,the book tells u where to take it when she is broken .
Even that u have the 300SE,u still should have a Decent Manual with all those things in it ( Years gone by ,probably gone lost ) after all , all W140's have the same standard Features ,just that some ( i still cant belive it ) dont have the Antenna at the back or the Bose but u still end up with the Becker so that would b a Booklet in your Folder with the Security Code in it (4 Digit's ).
Here is a little Tip 4 the once who dont know ,Lost or forgot the 4 Digits , : there is a Website Online where you can get the 4 Digits for free , i forgot wich one it was ,all u do is tape your Radio Number (Serial) and it gives u the Digits ,Cool haa,it's only a matter finding that specific Website,of wich ,if i do i posted here .
Ciao :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 S350, 06 E320CDI
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That's great! At least I know what I am looking for. My radio is original per Mercedes, but it has a 5 digit code.

·
W140 Moderator
7,591 Posts
my car came with a wiring harness problem and water in the engine oil :mad::(:D:D:D
Sorry to hear ! THAT ! , but b4 you pay'd 4 the Car , didn't u check it all over ?
Ciao

·
M20
4,810 Posts
Mine came with a BOSE demo cassette. Its still new sealed in shrinkwrap

And I still have the original case for the 5 keys. Also have my original window sticker

·
W140 Moderator
7,591 Posts
You better check your keyboard, its spelling is stupid!
Yes you are right ,my Spelling is awfull not only stupid & i wish i could do better,most of the times it is the dam Batteries from the Keyboard are out, and i dont notice it when i writte something, the other thing is , i never learn't English or wend to any English School etc... so forgive me for the few mistakes , if you can understand it & it fixes or hints you to fix the Problem that you may Have on the Car ,be happy .
Ciao:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
Yes you are right ,my Spelling is awfull not only stupid & i wish i could do better,most of the times it is the dam Batteries from the Keyboard are out, and i dont notice it when i writte something, the other thing is , i never learn't English or wend to any English School etc... so forgive me for the few mistakes , if you can understand it & it fixes or hints you to fix the Problem that you may Have on the Car ,be happy .
Ciao:thumbsup:
Don't worry, most people who are native English speakers can't master it...:D

·
W140 Moderator
7,591 Posts
Thank's,Nz-Benz , at least someone who supports them ( the bad spelling ) , i know there are worst once out there so i dont thing that i'am that bad after all .
Ciao :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'07 CLK350
1,144 Posts
Mine came with a BOSE demo cassette. Its still new sealed in shrinkwrap

You should open it up and listen to it. It's pretty impressive actually.

·
W140 Moderator
7,591 Posts
Zeag , you have the 2 most import once .Service and Owners ,lucky .
Ciao

1 - 16 of 16 Posts