Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Mercedes E190
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have just purchased a fabulous 1986 Mercedes E190 Series and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I am still trying to become familiar with and I would really appreciate it if I can get my hand on an Owner Manual in English. I went to the Mercedes Dealership in Australia and they are not able to help me.

As this my first Mercedes I haver ever owned, and think highly of it, I was wondering if I can possibly dowload the Owners Manual or even purchase.

Thank You

My Merc

·
Registered
1991 300E
117 Posts
Welcome!
I'll have to check my pile of literature. My sister has a 190 and we might ...

Welcome!
I'll have to check my pile of literature. My sister has a 190 and we might have a spare, but I doubt it.
Otherwise check out mercedessource.com If Kent doesn't have one he can probably turn you on to one who does. Also keep an eye on ebay. These things often pop up there as well. Good Luck!
-M-

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
The factory CD ROM's have an owners manual on them.
Quite handy for service around $100 n...

The factory CD ROM's have an owners manual on them.
Quite handy for service around $100 new, but often on EBAY for less the caveat is the ebay sales are often of bootleg copies.
John Gregg

·
Registered
1986 Mercedes E190
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the response.

I do hope for my sake that your sister may have a...

Thank you very much for the response.

I do hope for my sake that your sister may have a copy. Please let me know.

Thanks once again
[:)]

·
Registered
1986 Mercedes E190
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for responding. My Merc is actually a 1.8 4 Cylinder. Would an owner's manual for...

Thanks for responding. My Merc is actually a 1.8 4 Cylinder. Would an owner's manual for a 2.6 and 1.8 be that different. Maybe, I don't know. I need it in order to figure out how certain things function in the interior. For example the light where the gear shift(P, R, N, D, 1, 2) doesn't seem to illuminate. Is it supposed to work or not

Please let me know if you think that the manual for a 2.6 would be compatible for a 1.8

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Light in console

The console should be lighted. It is not hard to change. The lip around the shifter lifts off. Then the shift selector lifts up. The bulb is on the left if I remember correctly. Use a flat pry instrument with a cloth over it. The clear coat on the wood is easy to scratch. The 190 2.5 has a 6-cylinder engine in it. The capacities would be different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.