Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 300SE
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would pass this along because I was very surprised! I needed an owner's manual for my '92 300SE, so I searched the net for awhile, looked on ebay, etc. On ebay they were selling for anywhere from $30 to $60! I didn't want to call the dealer because a few posters stated it took weeks to months for it to arrive. I finally called 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES and they said they had them in stock. The new owner's manual from them was $5 with $5 in shipping! I couldn't believe they had a '92 owner's manual?! It arrived in about 4 to 5 days! This may be common knowledge but I thought I would pass this good info along for others who may need a manual.

·
Registered
'93 600 SEL
105 Posts
melllis said:
Just thought I would pass this along because I was very surprised! I needed an owner's manual for my '92 300SE, so I searched the net for awhile, looked on ebay, etc. On ebay they were selling for anywhere from $30 to $60! I didn't want to call the dealer because a few posters stated it took weeks to months for it to arrive. I finally called 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES and they said they had them in stock. The new owner's manual from them was $5 with $5 in shipping! I couldn't believe they had a '92 owner's manual?! It arrived in about 4 to 5 days! This may be common knowledge but I thought I would pass this good info along for others who may need a manual.

Do they have a web page I could look at ? I'm in NZ so cannot phone the 800 number

Cheers

·
Registered
92 300SE
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the web page where I got the number:
http://www.mbusa.com/owners/index.jsp
However, they will not let you order online. You must call the 800 number. Not sure this will help you in NZ? Maybe a dumb question, but you can't dial an 800 number in the US from NZ? Sorry I couldn't help.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Thanks for the information. I think this underlines why MBUSA and their dealers are not all bad. I have a great relationship with mine and happen to know the owner personally. He asks me whenever I see him "Are my people taking care of you?" to which I always relpy "Yes". Then he always says "Well, if they do not, I want you to call me."

However, I have had some good, and lukewarm, experiences dealing with MBUSA; but overall, I am satisfied with them as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts