Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 ML320 CDI
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a stupid question, but has been bugging me...

I bought a pre-owned 2008 ML320CDI that did not come with an owners manual. I found someone selling on on eBay that looks to be the correct manual... however it doesn't fit in the glove box, at all.

Did I buy the wrong owners manual or are they not intended on going in the glove box?

Stupid question, I know... but am curious. :banghead:

·
Registered
2001 ml320 and 2006 ml350 (sold)
711 Posts
I think i got mine to fit, but barely...i ended up keeping in vehicle but putting in back hatch on left side by the care kit....that way glove box is free up. plus you can down load from mbusa to reference from your computer.

·
Registered
12 ML350 Bluetec pkg 2, 08 BMW 135i, 2012 F250 PS Diesel
213 Posts
I have seen people put the manual in the mesh holder located on the passanger side footwell. Ours is also too large to fit into the glovebox. We just keep it stored in the drivers door lower storage bin.

·
Registered
'09 ML550, '12 BMW 650i Cab (lucky wife)
757 Posts
Mine is an '09, but the owner's manual, the service manual, and the COMAND manual all live in a leatherette binder which fits neatly in the glovebox. Doesn't leave room for much else other than my tire gauge and a few receipts, but it does fit.

·
Registered
2013 ML350
4 Posts
You are not stupid, there really is not a great place to put it. I actually wanted to put stuff in my glovebox so I have the manual (in its case) on top of the spare tire.

·
Registered
452 Posts
This is a stupid question, but has been bugging me...

I bought a pre-owned 2008 ML320CDI that did not come with an owners manual. I found someone selling on on eBay that looks to be the correct manual... however it doesn't fit in the glove box, at all.

Did I buy the wrong owners manual or are they not intended on going in the glove box?

Stupid question, I know... but am curious. :banghead:
I kept the manual '' package'' in the passenger side door pouch on both ML's. My 08 has the changer in the glove box making it even smaller inside. Also I took the fuse chart out of the spare tire bay and keep it in the manuals, where it should have been placed by MB in the first place imho

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,110 Posts
Passenger-side door pocket for me as well.

FWIW, you maybe didn't get the separate manual for COMAND or the maintenance booklet or the separate manual for iPod adapter either. These are all available from your dealer or by calling 800.for.merc

·
Registered
2006 ML500 Black/Black
146 Posts
I keep mine in the back by the safety kit and sub woofer. Nicely hidden yet easy to access.

·
Registered
-06 ML500,-86 Monte SS,-88 Toyota Supra,-88 BMW 735iL ,-02 Avalanche Z71,-94 Cobalt 200,-97 Yamaha
41 Posts
And correct place for manual is in top of the spare tire that is were I keep mine.

·
Registered
'09 ML550, '12 BMW 650i Cab (lucky wife)
757 Posts
And correct place for manual is in top of the spare tire that is were I keep mine.
Better fire off a short note to Mercedes telling them about that, because my ML was delivered with it in the glovebox.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts