Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm skipping URO and anything off of ebay for a new OVP.

Ok, so what about beck-arnley? Anyone use this brand:

Amazon.com: Beck Arnley 203-0189 Relay: Automotive

If this is garbage, what is the OEM brand that would be carried by the dealerships? I've been looking for part #2015403745 but this does not seem to limit it to any particular brand.

·
Registered
1989 190e 2.6 USA - 2002 C240
25 Posts
I have this one from Partsgeek.com

It is an updated version with 2 10amp fuses ..

Kaehler Overload Relay
Part Number: W0133-1618613
Notes: Aluminum cover with bracket : contains (2) 10 amp ATC fuses on top .
Condition: New

For this item shipping is free ...

Hope this helps ...

-Freedom

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: So tonight, I decided to hunt down the OVP in my car. What I found was the 10A fuse was blown, so I replaced the fuse and put it back in the car. The first thing I found out was the "check engine" light actually does come on before you start the car. I had never seen it come on EVER before, even after checking the bulb. The other thing is now the ABS light is now on constantly. I'm not too sure about the SRS light because I pulled the bulb when I was working the odometer since it was always on before.
Driving the car, it seems the acceleration is much improved, just replacing the fuse, so now I'm really thinking I should replace the whole darn thing, and see if it takes care of the difficult cold start issue, where it takes two to ten times to start the car when it's been sitting overnight.

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't replaced the OVP yet but the car now will start on the first try most of the time.

I can't wait to get a new one because the car just died on the way home yesterday, and would not start for about 30 seconds (crank, no fire).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts