Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my E back from the body shop where they replaced the front bumper. The bumper looks great but the car looks like it suffered some overspray, what can be done?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Take it BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Theres no need for you to do a thing!!!! Just another case of someone who dosen't give a shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make them RECON the whole car!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
That looks terrible, that body shop should be ashamed for what they did. If they won't make it right, have a professional detail shop do it and then send them the bill giving them a set time to pay like 30 days, then if they don't, go to small claims and file a claim for that amount, the cost of filing and having a marshall serve the notice + an amount for loss of use of your car. If they want to settle, make sure it covers your other costs or just tell them to tell it to the judge. They lose time and money by having the owner go to court. Also, file a complaint with the BAR (Bureau of Automotive Repair).

If you really want to do yourself, find a local automotive paint supply store and get overspray removal clay and detailing spray (it's a little more aggressive than clay you find at Pep Boys). If you never clayed before, search this forum or autopia.org for instructions.

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
Take it back! No body shop should do that bad of a job!!! They need to correct it or pay to have it corrected by somebody who knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
411 Posts
My first inclination is to tell you to take it back, but based on the work they've done so far, I'm not sure I'd trust them to clay my car. I think your best bet is to either do it yourself or take it to another shop and try to recover your costs from the first shop.

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed...

This is one of the biggest and busiest body shops in the city. Rick Hendrick is an owner of several NASCAR stock cars and teams, as well as Hendrick Automotive Group, one of the largest automotive chains in the United States.

I expected superb work, and got lazy careless repairs. I have sent the photos to the collision manager, maybe if I am the squeaky wheel I will get 100% satisfaction.

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
Does the shop have "100% Satisfaction Guaranteed" printed anywhere (on invoice or brochure?). If so, demand they pay to the have the car detailed by a professional (not them) and see what they say. If they refuse or try to negotiate the price down with you, take them to small claims court. Real easy case. Sue to recover the cost of a complete exterior detail and point out their false advertising to the Judge. You will win.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I Trust My Own Efforts...

So I got some 1000, 2000 grit wet/dry paper, some Plastx and a Mother's Power Ball and went to work on the lenses. They look great I think. I clayed the car using regular clay, much better. I think the fact that I had such a good protective layer of NXT wax on the car going into the repair, made it easy to clean up. Shop paid for my supplies.

PS. The pollen is falling like crazy here!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts