Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300 CDT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I put this out to the group for discussion. My 2000 CLK 320 has been running a bit hotter than normal lately (A tad above center). The usual suspect is obviously the thermostat (w/housing) yet to be changed, however, the only theromstat available for these cars is an 87 degree option, no others. Furthermore, I didn't find anywhere where the aux fan may have a sensor which would be the other usual suspect, at least on my SL. Any input or comments?

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
My 320 has always run higher than 80 (center). Normal I think

·
Registered
17 Posts
From what I hear it is normal to be a tad above the center. Mine goes over the center mark and stays at the third mark. As long as it doesn't cross over the third line then its fine.

G

·
Believe it or not but Mercede/dealer think that it normal even if the engine run at 100F. On my CL 55, it does have the option to turn on the fan 10 degree cooler then stock setting. Which i did changed it due to HPS sc installed.

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
Replace your fan clutch. Mine would stay at 100 in town and just above 80 on year freeway. Replaced clutch and now rock steady at just above 80 no matter what conditions. Cost was $200.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts