Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know from owners, what their overall impression of the C 240 or 320.<br>Are there any 'kinks' or problems that you ran across? Do you recommend the car?<br>I just got tired of waiting for a CLK and plus I'm not sure if I want to pay that kind of money for <br>a cabriolet. So I'm seriously considering buying a C320 because I've loved<br>the car ever since it came out. I'm a die hard S class fanatic and I think the C is basically a JR S Class.<br>The new spy photos of the CLK 2003 look pretty hot as well so I might just get a C for the meantime until the <br>03 for the CLK. Thanks for your comments again!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've had my C240 6 speed for about a month now. I've been very happy with it. Had some trouble getting the Tele-Aid activated (turned out to be some bad component), but other than that, it has been trouble free. No squeeks, rattles, etc, its been perfect.<p>A lot of fun to drive. Very comfortable and quite. Nice standard stereo. Lots of neat gadgets, almost all of which are useful/informative. I think the quality of materials and fit and finish are superb. Its a beautiful car, really is a mini-S in many respects.<p>The only improvement I would make is a little more power, and better throttle response. But, its not intended to be a race car, and its power is more than adequate for a commuter car.<p>Also, its a very, very good value, I think, esp. if you don't load it up with options. I didn't need or want most of them, so my car was priced very low, less than my brother's Toyota Sienna minivan.<p>: I just wanted to know from owners, what their overall impression of the C 240 or 320.<br>Are there any 'kinks' or problems that you ran across? Do you recommend the car?<br>I just got tired of waiting for a CLK and plus I'm not sure if I want to pay that kind of money for <br>a cabriolet. So I'm seriously considering buying a C320 because I've loved<br>the car ever since it came out. I'm a die hard S class fanatic and I think the C is basically a JR S Class.<br>The new spy photos of the CLK 2003 look pretty hot as well so I might just get a C for the meantime until the <br>03 for the CLK. Thanks for your comments again!<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love my C320. I got a black on black C320 with sport package. My friend has teh S class, and this car really is like a mini S class, exfcept he says mine is much more fun to drive (better handling) because its more compact. Anyway I definetly recomebnd this car!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i have had my 2001 C Class since the first week of October. That is approximately 3 1/2 months... well it has been in the shop four times for the same problem... they dont know what to do with it.. they just keep ordering new parts from Germany... basically i have been in a rental car for 2 months... i have had nothing but problems with my car... im sooo bumbed b/c its sooo beautiful! Sorry for the negative feedback!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great Car overall...<p>Early on I had some troubles with the fluid sensors, but that got fixed. And there<br>was one time when the moon roof had some trouble moving, it moved half an<br>inch each time I pressed the button. But I've not seen that problem happened<br>again.<p>I would recommend that car to anyone especially an S fanatic... plus with its <br>slimmer body, it is easier to squeeze through traffic...<p><br>: I just wanted to know from owners, what their overall impression of the C 240 or 320.<br>Are there any 'kinks' or problems that you ran across? Do you recommend the car?<br>I just got tired of waiting for a CLK and plus I'm not sure if I want to pay that kind of money for <br>a cabriolet. So I'm seriously considering buying a C320 because I've loved<br>the car ever since it came out. I'm a die hard S class fanatic and I think the C is basically a JR S Class.<br>The new spy photos of the CLK 2003 look pretty hot as well so I might just get a C for the meantime until the <br>03 for the CLK. Thanks for your comments again!<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Moonroof issue

Could you elaborate a little on the moonroof problem. I experienced the same problem. <p>At first I thought it was a problem with the one-touch button, but I tried to hold the button down and got the same result. It happened to me on a sunny day, so I don't think moisture was an issue.<p>It only happened one time, and I haven't seen it since. I turned the car off and restarted (sounds like a computer, right?) and everything worked fine.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check your owners' manual

there is a procedure for "resynchronizing"' the sunroof switch.<br>Don't know if that is the problem or the solution, but BMW had a similar problem, and "resynchronizing" usually fixed it.<p>: Could you elaborate a little on the moonroof problem. I experienced the same problem. <p>At first I thought it was a problem with the one-touch button, but I tried to hold the button down and got the same result. It happened to me on a sunny day, so I don't think moisture was an issue.<p>It only happened one time, and I haven't seen it since. I turned the car off and restarted (sounds like a computer, right?) and everything worked fine.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Moonroof issue

I think Galt is right. Don't have the manuals with<br>me now, but I'll check it later. The resync <br>explanation makes sense. Pretty weak for MB.<p>I remember that it was quite a warm day when it <br>happened.<p><p>: Could you elaborate a little on the moonroof problem. I experienced the same problem. <p>At first I thought it was a problem with the one-touch button, but I tried to hold the button down and got the same result. It happened to me on a sunny day, so I don't think moisture was an issue.<p>It only happened one time, and I haven't seen it since. I turned the car off and restarted (sounds like a computer, right?) and everything worked fine.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My less than auspicious start with my C180

Hey Monica,<p>I've taken delivery of a C180 and it's been back at the dealer longer than I've had it in my garage.<p>First the alternator died; when I got it back from the dealer, they said it was a loose wire. No problems, I can live with that.<p>But when I turned on my air conditioner, it didn't give me any cool air. So back to the dealer, and they've found a leak in the evaporator unit. Out came the dash to fix this, and hopefully it'll be fault free when I go and pick it up again for the 2nd time tomorrow.<p>Lawrance Lee<br>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts