Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some information about fitting an Outside Temperature Gauge to a 1984 190e 2.0L that does not have one fitted on the instrument cluster from production.

Does the original wire harness on the car behind the instrument cluster have the Power/Ignition/Lighting plug to fit the OTG?

The car is in immaculate condition and I plan on keeping it. It would be nice to also have a OTG fitted.

I found a good cheap OTG on eBay that comes with no sender unit and I don't want to waist time and money buying one and pulling it all appart to find that it won't fit.

Also does anyone know of any good DIY threads in fitting one to a W201?

·
Premium Member
1986 190E 2.3-16, 1992 190E 2.3, 2015 GL350 BTC, and 2020 GLS450
2,395 Posts
I have precious little experience with he 2.0 so I should remain silent, but I can mention that perhaps your car cannot have the OTG without the sensor and the wiring that goes between it and the OTG. I do not believe that simply fitting an OTG and connecting it to some wiring behind the instrument cluster will do the trick.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would think that Mercedes would install a "one fits all" wire loom unless they look at the cost factor by doing this.
If there is nothing there to plug the OTG I guess I will have to run some wiring to it. It couldn't be that difficult. The setup must be Ground/Lights and Power. The other plug is for the Sender unit that runs to the front of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts