Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have these wheels on my 2000 s500. my car was recently hit and the insurance company paid for three new wheels. i have the old wheels which need the outer lips. these are 3 piece wheels so they come apart. anyone know where i can possibly find these outer lips and get them installed on the wheels? thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: call Dazz 626-962-0033 they are the importer for the US.

thanks for responding. i called dazz they are telling me that i have to buy a whole new wheel. thats crazy. these wheels are over 1200 a piece i need 4 outer lips. what was funny was when i bought these wheels they told me that these wheels come apart and that i can just get the outer lips because i was concerned about that with the roads here in ny. anyone with info or suggestions your help is needed and appreciated. <br> thanks billy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: outer lips for Lowenhart LD-1's 20

three wheels can be repaired. the one wheel that was really hit hard cant be. the whole outer lip needs to be replaced. ive sent pics to a number of places and they all said the same thing that the one wheel cant be reapaired. and they also said good luck finding the outer lip. i cant believe as expensive as these wheels are these parts arent available. keep the suggestions coming. thanks bill

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
since each lip is rim specific, the only way to get it is....

to get it from japan. Since dazz in the sole importer, if they can't get it, no one can. takechi project will only sell US-bound product to Dazz via agreement. Your best bet is to just replace the wheel that is damaged heavily and fix the rest. sorry.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: since each lip is rim specific, the only way to get it is....

i guess your right. this is nuts. im going to have someone look at it. they say they may be able to fix it we'll see

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: call Dazz 626-962-0033 they are the importer for the US.

Hello if you would like I might be able to have the lips fixed on the outer part of the rims . Please email me or give me a call at 818 974-3050. I work for a local rim shop...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts