Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Mercedes Benz GLK
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's new (10) week special order 2011 GLK just arrived & it's a beauty. Here's a few photo's. I checked off a Special Order $75.00 "Storage Box Under Seats" on the driver/passanger seats & she does not like it!!! It's the same one that's on the S-Class. I wonder if it's easy to take off??? I'll take it off next week. :thumbsup:

T & L

Attachments

·
Registered
Cayenne,GLK350,X5,SLK350,SRX,A6
18 Posts
Congrats! Nice GLK! :thumbsup:Why she doesn't like the extra storage? The rocker board look much shorter than the previous 2010's

·
Registered
2011 Mercedes Benz GLK
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5Stars & Squidboy1

Thanks for asking, this is our first Mercedes and the GLK appears to be everything we expected. We have less than 50-miles on it so far. I am waxing & detailing it for the wife before the weather gets nasty. We really like the 2011 factory improvement on the rocker boards since the factory cut them down in width about 1-1/2" to 2" over the 2010 model. It's so much easier getting in & out without getting your legs/pants soiled. I am pleased with the Mercedes GLK so far. Fit & finish is excellent.
BUT, here's what I didn't like when we picked up our GLK!!! The dealer!!!
We inspected our GLK with our salesman and went through a simple routine on our purchase. The next step was with the financial person to give him our check (full payment) to complete the paperwork. He spent almost an hour of our time going through a high pressure sales pitch to purchase (7) different dealer programs (Intire, Phantom Footprints, Resistall, 3-M, Lojack, Key Care & Dent Repair) for a total of almost $5K. I am sure these extras were high profit items for the dealership and something I didn't want. I expected & wanted more information regarding their service dept services and would have liked a serviced technician to attend so we could ask about future maintenance, issues, etc. My opinion of this dealership was not good & wondering if this is common Mercedes dealership practice???
BTW: The dealership is owned by a huge chain.

T&L

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just purchased a 2011 GLK this past weekend and had a wonderful experience with the dealership. We did have to take a three hour drive to Charlotte NC after our local dealer did not work out. Yes, the finance guy tried to sell us all sorts of goodies including the 2YR, 100K extended warranty for $4K (wow!!, not sure what that tells us), 4 yr prepaid maintenance for $1400 (i think), wheels and tires coverage for $600, gap coverage for $600, and of course the paint and interior treatment that i think was also about $600. We said no to them all and we moved on to finish up the paperwork. This is our first Mercedes also. We came close to going to the X3 after our bad experiences with our local Mercedes dealer, and had actually gone to Charlotte for a used X3. It was sold on friday night... so we ended up down the street at the Mercedes dealer, they had the artic white, almond, P1, heated seats GLK which was exactly what we had wanted. Looking back, we are glad the X3 was gone. Visibility out the back of the GLK is much better, it has air outlets for the rear seats, it does not have the cramped feeling that the X3 has, and Sirius is built in. Very happy!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
We went to pay off the GLK like you did. The financial guy mentioned a few things on your list. However, we just said no and he stopped. He did tried to push one more time for the 3M tint. We asked for the 3M price. He agreed that it was a bit high and just quit. We proceeded with the payment after wasted about 5 minutes, including another 2 min talking about ML and towing capacity.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,116 Posts
Per Mercedes requirement our dealer is remodeling to include among other things a heated, enclosed new car delivery area.

·
Registered
2011 Mercedes Benz GLK
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Per Mercedes requirement our dealer is remodeling to include among other things a heated, enclosed new car delivery area.
I agree this should be at all Mercedes dealerships. After our recent event I would like to see a new car turnover procedure, something like this.

** Well lighted new car delivery area in the service dept. with a specially trained service dept. technician that knows everything about your new vehicle!! A well lighted dept where you can inspect the vehicle and note any flaws. Then a procedure to adjust the seats and put into memory. BTW: Read the manual & they explain a correct procedures everyone should follow.

Next going through all settings with the owners input. I would also want them to explain the prep procedures prior to delivery and have the service dept Mgr. discuss future maintenance issues. After that, they should fill in pages #1 thru #4 of the Service & Warranty info 2011 booklet for future reference. Ours is blank!!

I can think of more, but you get the idea. This is my wifes car and our vehicle introduction was performed in the front parking lot by the salesman. We liked him a lot, but he was weak in explaining things & went through everything too fast. The wife drove off the lot into Friday's 5:00 P.M. heavy traffic and was under major stress with her seat adjustment & unfamiliar setting on her new GLK. I recently picked up my new FORD business car the same week and they are way ahead in this area of customer service. Nuff said, hope the factory is listening?????

Lynda'sGLK (Husband)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I guess it it up to your local dealer. Since, our dealer did all that when they delivered our GLK.

During the vehicle introduction, the saleman linked our BT phones, reset radio stations, odo/door lock functions, re-adjusted both driver's and front passenger's heat vents, mirrors and seating with us sitting in the seats. He even had a piece of cloth and constantly wiped his finger print of the paint after opened/closed the hood/hatch/doors to show the basic of the engine's oil/washer fluid/spare tire ect. Our saleman told us to walk around to observe different lighting/signal settings (he showed rear-fog, P> or <P settings). He even asked what position setting for moon roof we would prefer. He got on and off the driver's and passenger's seat so many times to do those settings. But we were so eager to drive the GLK home that we even wanted to politely cut short our vehicle introduction. Linked BT phone in the newly purschased vehicle was specially helpful, since we excitingly talked about how the GLK look/drive on the whole trip home with my wife drove the GLK and I followed in my X.

He did, interestingly, said to call MB assistance line rather try to put on a spare when needed, and that "feed this baby 91 formula and change its first oil before 10K miles and you would have no problem"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts