Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 517 Posts

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT: Were changing this thread to "Members mogs working", that is, your mog, doing what Unimogs do, variety of multiple tasks.

Pictures of your Unimog, doing a variety of tasks, as many as possible. (Or multipul mogs, if your so fortunate)

Like the example posted the same mog, hauling logs, vehicle recoveries, and plowing snow.

I can find lots of mogs setup for one task, or 2 tasks, and I've sent several pictures of Case Mogs with the Loader and Backhoe, with a Vplow, (actually, this mog here, a fine example)

Attachments

·
Registered
1976 406 w/ backhoe and dozer blade, a small collection of implements too
1,447 Posts
No action shots, just me and the mog pulling a good sized stump and fixing a "stream" which has been over flowing and washing out a large area for the last couple of large storms. The stream had undermined the stump which fell into the stream and caused a plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Having just purchased a set of adjustable forks that work on a three point hitch, I've now realized a dream of easy heavy stuff movement. The most recent problem has been the larger pieces of some 30" red oaks I dropped last fall, no matter how hard we tried, we could not get the big pieces into the bed, so they've been piled up. Now that I've got the forks, 45 minutes of work moved the really big stuff out into the splitting/stacking area that I've been plugging away at for months. Love this attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
1978 406.120 1977 416
522 Posts
Hey Britbilke,
Thanks for posting all the working picts. Those forks Look GREAT!
Now I have something to show my girlfriend so that she will understand the value of the Mog.
My old girlfriend totally got it, and loved the mog, even drove it in the "pit" at NWMF by herself... BIG smiles!
New Girlfriend is needing an "education".
Thanks again... more, more...
Edit.. Have you posted picts. of your 3 point set up? Would love to see it in some detail.
Thanks
Slothmog

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Too bad Trev didn't get his "Badger" mog, but that nice ag square cab may be better. Not sure.

In the interim, I've added a hydraulic top link. Very nice. Works best for the forks, but is also really nice with the chipper. I can tilt it back to make the chute work a little more efficiently and also when tilted back and all the way up, I gain some more clearance when going through the woods. Cheap and easy too. About $140 for a double acting cylinder with swivel eyes on each end. I really like Surplus Supply.

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 U1000 AG Spec with om352a turbo engine
7 Posts
How about this for multi tasking! cutting openings for gateways through hedgerow trees and chipping the timber. Then driving the gate posts in with the post driver on the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
How about this for multi tasking! cutting openings for gateways through hedgerow trees and chipping the timber. Then driving the gate posts in with the post driver on the front.

I love it!!! Nice set up.

I've got a 9' sickle bar mower for trimming the hedge rows (in the vertical) and brush along the roadway (horizontal). Can't do that and chip at the same time though.

You've got me very curious about the post driver. Would you share some info and pictures?

·
Registered
1983 U1000 AG Spec with om352a turbo engine
7 Posts
I love it!!! Nice set up.

I've got a 9' sickle bar mower for trimming the hedge rows (in the vertical) and brush along the roadway (horizontal). Can't do that and chip at the same time though.

You've got me very curious about the post driver. Would you share some info and pictures?
well the front linkage is a close coupled set up made by atkinson vos a few years ago, i chose this as it operates vertically rather than lowering in a cresent like the conventional ones do. I mainly fence on my own so dropping the post driver down in the correct position is a must rather than hopping in and out the cab to shunt back or forth.
The post driver itself is a new zealand made kinghitter series 3, hydraulic mast tilt in all directions as well as 2 feet of side shift and a 275kg hammer weight. You can drive posts upto 12feet in length with this set up so is good for most types of fencing.
I generally carry materials on the loadbed and have a rear linkage mounted wire unroller / tensioner so i can install stock fencing in minimal passes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Pictures don't do it justice, but today we cut a 1/4 mile road through the forest, skirting some really deep soggy holes to get to a bend on our stream with two 20" logs blocking the way and causing some massive overflow and redirection when the water's high (like the last week).

The logs were so imbedded that I repeatedly stalled the 16,500 pound winch on the first layer of wrap, had to repeated re-rig and eventually had to set the mog in one of the wet holes to gain enough grip to pull the big maple and large fir out of the stream (kept pulling the mog to the tree, and didn't have a good inline point to chain the mog to). Busy, hard work, fun and really good day in the woods.

Love the mog. Oh yeah, got a great load of fire wood too, and mosquito bites, ticks, deer flies, etc, etc. Still nice day.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 517 Posts