Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S500L
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have puchased a SL500 2001 What an amazing car it is, but because of its age and mileage I do have a few glitches to solve. So i am looking forward to reading and posting threads to get the car back in full working order without financially crippling ourselves. Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge. I am a keen DIY car enthusiast we having just sold our Alfa 156 for the Merc and recently I have rebuilt my Landrover Discovery's V8 3.9 engine and done various modifications, I have also restored our Triumph Spitfire.
Kind regards Andrew

·
Registered
2012 E63 Bi-Turbo w/ Renntech ECU Upgrade (and a 2011 ML350 BlueTec) 2005 E55 SOLD :(
220 Posts
Welcome to the group! A beautiful car, to be sure. I'm going to guess that it will be more reliable than either the alpha or the Land Rover with proper care and as you know is just such an iconic car. Have fun and enjoy your first Mercedes (I have owned 6).

:)

·
Registered
2000 E55 AMG
85 Posts
Hey Andrew. Congrats on your purchase. My E55 is my first Benz also. So far I really like this thing. MB's are excellent cars. Safe, reliable, comfortable and (obviously ) very well built.
So far, as far as I can tell, there aren't too many special tools needed to work on them. Unlike BMW'S where you need a wall full.
Enjoy your car.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

1 - 4 of 4 Posts