Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this today... is it possible to buy the full headlight assembly from another car and fab it up to use in my car? Like use new Range Rover headlights and harnesses and all that crap? But not necessarily Range Rover ones. Basically any big headlights with HIDs. Probably a dumb idea but I'm curious.

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
would be hard to find one with the same dimensions.... and if you do find a close one.. you will probably have to cut some things.. most likely the hood... or.. i dunno. i would like to know if another fits too. maybe some bmw angel lights... oooh... the controversy...

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol Scandalous! I know there probably aren't any that would be the exact dimensions, that's why I said "fab it up", as in fabricate. The reason I thought about the Range Rover lights are because not many new cars have big headlights like the W124 does. Although I think they may be too big.

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just photoshopped a pic to see what it might look like and I like it lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
I like that idea...

if you suceed in anything let me know.

·
Registered
W124.036 / W210.074
248 Posts
Try to put a w140 or R129 Xenon Headlight into a w124, maybe it works, without any big modifications!?
And it looks more authentic at least.

@lino

The Owner of the Car you see, is a member of BenzWorld i think!

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes W124 V8, you're absolutely right! Thanks a lot lino! That's KIN from benzworld. I'm sending him a PM. His lights came out great!

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks lino! Anyone here from North East know of any salvage yards that would have busted W211 headlights for cheap or possibly free? They can have holes in them and can be burned or basically blown up as long as the ring around the projector is in good shape! Let me know. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts