Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

just a question: has anyone used a different brand other than Bosch, that worked in their MBs with no issues. because i'm looking at changing possible AFR o2 sensor and MAF soon and its gonna cost me a bit. was wondering if anyone had any success with other brands like A1CARDONE for MAFs or Denso for o2 sensors. any feedback would appreciated.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Hello all,

just a question: has anyone used a different brand other than Bosch, that worked in their MBs with no issues. because i'm looking at changing possible AFR o2 sensor and MAF soon and its gonna cost me a bit. was wondering if anyone had any success with other brands like A1CARDONE for MAFs or Denso for o2 sensors. any feedback would appreciated.
You can always be the new guinea pig, test them out and report back. :)
I think I'll stick to oem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can always be the new guinea pig, test them out and report back. :)
I think I'll stick to oem.
lol, i know OEM is the best, but honestly there's a lot of knock offs on ebay that u can't tell the difference between OEM and fakes anymore.

but i know Denso is good, but dont know how well they work on MBs, i have used them on toyota & nissans before with no issues.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
lol, i know OEM is the best, but honestly there's a lot of knock offs on ebay that u can't tell the difference between OEM and fakes anymore.

but i know Denso is good, but dont know how well they work on MBs, i have used them on toyota & nissans before with no issues.
(1) dont buy oem from fleabay unless you personally know the seller sells only oem. There are other online suppliers. ;)

(2) as I said, "You can always be the new guinea pig, test them out and report back" :)

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,839 Posts
Avoid Amazon, too, as they are full of fake parts. Buy from a reputable auto parts seller, like AutohasAZ, RMEurpoean, Pelican, FCP Euro, etc.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hello all,

First off why do you think you need to replace the sensor and MAF?

Not sure which ML you have but you got to my curiosity, a sensor for my 03 M500 was as much as 113 but found it at auto zone for 74.49. That and add a coupon (I get them emailed about daily) for 20% off will bring it to about 60.00. I sourced Bosch exact fit oxygen sensor 16123. Which is the down stream sensor. So with multi sourcing it can be more affordable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First off why do you think you need to replace the sensor and MAF?

Not sure which ML you have but you got to my curiosity, a sensor for my 03 M500 was as much as 113 but found it at auto zone for 74.49. That and add a coupon (I get them emailed about daily) for 20% off will bring it to about 60.00. I sourced Bosch exact fit oxygen sensor 16123. Which is the down stream sensor. So with multi sourcing it can be more affordable.
I have ML320 2000, i have a p0100 & p0150 codes.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Granted given the age you may need to indeed replace the MAF, but have you tried cleaning it with an MAF cleaner first?

If that does not clear the issue I would replace the MAF first, a malfunctioning MAF in some cases can throw a code for an O2 sensor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so update, i bought used OEM MAF sensor from ebay, from a 2004 MB car with 134k on it, replaced it, and the car is running way better and not dying on me at red light anymore. the MAF code is gone, the o2 error code is still hanging around. i want replace it myself, but it so hard to get to , the location is so freaking ridiculous.

·
Registered
404 Posts
so update, i bought used OEM MAF sensor from ebay, from a 2004 MB car with 134k on it, replaced it, and the car is running way better and not dying on me at red light anymore. the MAF code is gone, the o2 error code is still hanging around. i want replace it myself, but it so hard to get to , the location is so freaking ridiculous.
Omar after replacing the MAF did you clear the codes and then the O2 code came back?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts