Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it really OT?

Winter curtails top down driving so maybe this thread is 107 related.

In any case...........first pic of the Barrie winter.

Kinda sums it all up, eh?

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
We have winter in Seattle, 13 degrees this morning. My wifes 05 E320 won't even move on level ground with 2" of snow :( She has my truck and I am driving the kids cars with studded tires on them.

·
29,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have winter in Seattle, 13 degrees this morning. My wifes 05 E320 won't even move on level ground with 2" of snow :( She has my truck and I am driving the kids cars with studded tires on them.
I was hoping for pics to be included.

A visual thread of the Northern hardships.

And Dan.....13 degrees F or C.....?

I'm guessing F for snow to be on the ground.

·
Premium Member
89 R107, 05 CDI
2,536 Posts
I was out TDWD yesterday afternoon burning off stabilizer!

I washed her filled her up (again, and with more stabilizer), and I think that'll be it...
although today is pretty beautiful, clear and sunny, but chilly.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1979 280sl 4 sp w/ac 1957 MGA 1998 volvo xc/70 2004 F150
6,050 Posts
I'm not in winter mode yet even though it snowed last week and the plow went by.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
Ahhh, you guys. Here is what we left in Baltimore - followed by some guests we had in the yard in Florida last week. No question about where I'd rather be. I don't miss the snow - seeing pics of it once in a while is enough!

But then, we did spend about $30K "hardening" our house against hurricanes. Oh, well. Still, it's TDWD weather, and will be for some time to come!

Attachments

·
29,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2 hours for a 45 minute drive.
People are idiots.

But the SL is snug as a bug in a rug.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
89 R107, 05 CDI
2,536 Posts
I was up in your neck of the woods, sort of, yesterday (Newmarket), and up and down the 404 was my choice... I was in the Golf TDI. Basically drove around everybody driving at 60-70 km/h, and I was doing 110km/h... honestly where do these people come from?

Mind you, they probably thought that I was a mad man, and expected to see me in a ditch further down the highway... no ditch for me though!

I'm tellin' ya, I am sure gonna miss that Golf, diesel and Blizzaks are a great combo... nothing stops that car, it's going to be interesting to see what the new John Deere I got will be like.

This is what it looked like out the window at my friend's place...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
5,924 Posts
I must have brought the cold weather back with me. After watching the Browns beat the Fins in the 78 degree sunshine, tomorrow morning there are freeze warnings! Top down today, up tonight. Hope the weather clears up, I am driving back north in about 12 days.

·
29,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1976 450 SLC. (working, in need of paint)/1987 300E/1989 635 CSI/2004 Honda Element (appliance)
142 Posts
Crikey..... Not really looking forward to the white stuff... At least my commute is short... Rather non-existent really at this time. :eek:

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
I once lived in northern Maine - Limestone, 26 miles south of, and 3 miles west of, the Canadian border. I went to Hawaii over Christmas one year; returned to find my '72 T-Bird completely buried. Had to search for it with a rod. It wasn't drifts - we had 2 back-to-back blizzards that left 5 to 6 feet of snow everywhere, and the car was under it.

I REALLY don't miss that.

·
Premium Member
1984 380SL, 1973 450SLC
2,174 Posts
Still to date, no snow for pics, I reinstalled my ignition today after I pulled it to help someone with there install, long story and I will include it with the ignition thread if I ever get around to writing it. you know my spelling really suxs. LOL anyway, back to the subject, once I replaced the ignition, then tested it, damn, it started right up, idled real nice, I had to follow the whole sequence of temp shifts with the lamda, then well then I had to take her out for ride,,,,,,Damn,,,,,, It is just a special kind of ride, not duplicated by anything else, had her up to 85 down the back roads, then back into the garage for who knows, another eternity, or maybe a week or so.... anyway, not the end of the world, i mean season, yet..... :)

·
29,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well it's been an interesting week of driving....slick roads for the past 7 days. Can make for a long drive doing 240 kms a day.

But Shaun88 got it bad last week...about 4 FEET and now Dugald is getting hammered.

Me, in Barrie, a modest 30 inches.

Attachments

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,345 Posts
As long as you keep the shiny side up and stay warm you are OK.

·
29,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As long as you keep the shiny side up
I know how to drive.

It's the other million assholes that put me in danger.

:)

·
Premium Member
1973 450SL 2004 E320 4Matic Wagon 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,197 Posts
But Shaun88 got it bad last week...about 4 FEET and now Dugald is getting hammered.
Dugald's area was not only hammered, it was wholloped. They closed down the major freeway between the Blue Water Bridge to US and London, stranding hundreds of trucks and cars overnight. Rescues are being done with snowmobiles and helicopters. Since this is a major truck route, other areas are getting the back-ups and parts aren't making it to factories. Check out the news about Sarnia a 402. In-friggin-credible. I wonder if Dugald took his hot rod Nissan out for a spin.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts