Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
Drew - 4/30/2005 11:02 AM

Here's a comparo on the VW Touareg W12 vs the Cayenne Turbo. Since it's in German, perhaps our German-speaking friends can assist us in a translation? [:)]

http://video.sport1.de/pub/Video/msmedia/de/Motorvision/Motorvision/mv109-suv_wmt_adsl.asf
Here we go.

<B>They are giants, monsters, and steel mountains</B>.

The Porsche Cayenne Turbo and the VW Touareg W12.

8 and 12 cylinders, strong like a truck, and potent like a race car.

The Cayenne belongs at least in Munich into the street picture.

We find this front has appetite on asphalt and speed. Although some dislike all the plastic around the air inlet. In front we like it, the rear is a bit dull. Neu is the rearview camera for 1600 Euros.

Besides the Lamborghini LM002 in the eighties, the Touareg W12 is the only 12 cylinder offroader worldwide. And it has the looks. 20 inchers, broad
wheel houses. For our taste it could be toned down a bit. On top a roof spoiler and on the bottom a 4 wheel package.

The clou of the Touareg and Cayenne is the height adjustable suspension up to 30 centimeter of ground clearance. One can drive through the non swimmer section of a swimming pool or up subway staircases. Although nobody does it, but the driver thinks I could if I wanted to.

10.5 liters, 950 hp, 20 cylinders. Listen and enjoy.

The command post from Zuffenhausen. Leather as fas as the eye reaches.

For some there's too much plastic in this cockpit.

In the Touareg the atmosphere is sportier, thanks to aluminum, less noble, and almost all is standard. The Cayenne Turbo is drive dynamically clearly
superior. The engine sound belongs to the driving experience as much as the acceleration. It's the Sport SUV.

The Touareg pleases with even more voluminous standard equipment, with clearly lower base price. Drive dynamics and fuel economy we like less. It is
the highway runner.

The 300 Touareg W12 are soon sold out. The VW is therefore more exclusive than the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, which in our comparison is the winner.

PS. Part II, the other video, Birger? [:D]

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
RE: OT: video translations

Wolfgang - 4/30/2005 1:19 PM

PS. Part II, the other video, Birger? [:D]
Thanks, Wofgang. Birger is away in Italy--should be back soon.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greg...

Off-topic again but are you going to the M-Class Road Rally event in Seattle on May 7-8th? I will be there on Sat May 7th in the afternoon. If you can make the 2 hr drive, I'd love to meet up with you! [:)]

·
Registered
'12 Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4 (sorry!)
397 Posts
Hi,

Wolfgang: I'd very much have liked to help out with the translation of the second part, but the website only allows for hi-speed connection. And my present one is a max 56K dial-up one [:(]

Indicated initial download time was in excess of six hours, so it'll have to wait until after 5/17 when I again have a hi-speed connection handy.

Sorry about this!

Cheers,
Birger

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
RE: Seattle Road Rally

Drew - 4/30/2005 4:06 PM

Off-topic again but are you going to the M-Class Road Rally event in Seattle on May 7-8th? I will be there on Sat May 7th in the afternoon. If you can make the 2 hr drive, I'd love to meet up with you! [:)]
I didn't sign up because I think it will not be that exciting. Now I've got other obligations next weekend. I would like to meet you, but maybe some other time.

Thanks for thinking of me.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greg...

GregW / Oregon - 4/30/2005 7:55 PM
I didn't sign up because I think it will not be that exciting. Now I've got other obligations next weekend. I would like to meet you, but maybe some other time.

Thanks for thinking of me.
I thought that it would be somewhat entertaining, so I decided to make the drive. I also had to make an excuse to pick up something from a friend's house in Bellevue, therefore this was the perfect opportunity heh.

I have already driven 4 W164s, but it will be interesting to see the Sirrus option (which we don't get here).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts