Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Tramontana R is a bitchin-fast, cottage-built, ultra-exclusive V12-powered supercar. It's also Quasimodo-level lumpy and ugly. Would you trade one for the other? Tis a choice which would confound even King Solomon.

It Burns The Eyes But Warms The Cockles, The Tramontana R

The visually challenged Tramontana R is sort of a rebellion against the likes of Lamborghini and Ferrari — a purpose built missile of V12 powered fury, all function over style. It's a notion we can get behind. But damn it sure is ugly. The car is powered by a Mercedes V12 available in 550 HP form or a walloping twin-turbocharged 760 HP, 811 lb-ft version. For the top-line version we're talking 0-60 in 3.6 seconds and a 0-200 MPH time of only 10.15 seconds. It gets to 200 MPH faster than a Toyota Yaris gets to 60 MPH.

But holy mackerel is it ugly.

Tramontana R: A Faustian Bargain Of Ugly

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,164 Posts
Oh the idiot who buys one to pick up chicks.

I just realized it's a two seater.

OK.............no FAT chicks.

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
31,778 Posts
Looks kind of like a street legal F1. I kind of like it.

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are built not far from my place. Previous versions where also original in looks and yes, it's a street legal F1. They fit F1 suspensions and other stuff for what they've told me.

Cheers

Hey bereng, can we put a link to your wiki in the WTTDOC?

·
Registered
300sl 1987
744 Posts
Hey bereng, can we put a link to your wiki in the WTTDOC?
Of course,

and I have to put one in there specifically to that thread.

I intend a major reorganization in short. I've been quite busy in a startup w107 club here at home lately. 1 year = 60 members already :)

Cheers

·
Registered
1980 450SL & 1988 560SL
1,667 Posts
Here's a thought..... put little LCD or LED screen in place of the mirrors and coupled with a rear mounted camera(s), get rid of the goofy looking mirror arms. This is a high tech car anyway. I look only a mother could love.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts